Apect Ratio (Panasonic DMR-EZ48VKDVD Recoder)

[qanda]This thread is about the Panasonic DMR-EZ48VKDVD Recoder. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Mine is DMR-EZ485V and I can’t play a 4:3 aspect ratio burnt DVD; it always comes out stretched to 16:9. I used ConvertXtoDVD to burn the DVD.

Did you check your ’ Settings’ > DVD specs> Aspect Ratio > 4:3 (full screen)…?

Thank you for your observation. Yes I checked your suggestion and worked with Panasonic tech support (first level) but still the same! I am trying to transfer old family movies onto DVD before they desintegrate. Started the transfer from my Sony MiniDVD to my computer via MS MovieMaker and from there burn the DVD+R using ConvertXtoDVD. Here I am stuck, yet I still have to burn from VHS to DVD! Muchas gracias

[QUOTE=Bocatan;2221412][qanda]This thread is about the Panasonic DMR-EZ48VKDVD Recoder. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Mine is DMR-EZ485V and I can’t play a 4:3 aspect ratio burnt DVD;[B] it always comes out stretched to 16:9. I used ConvertXtoDVD to burn the DVD.[/B][/QUOTE]
Seeing as you said stretched I assume you have a 16:9 set. I would set CXD to 16:9, not 4:3. That way the AR will always be correct on any set.