AOpen CD-952E

vbimport

Hello There
I made a working backup of RollerCoaster Tycoon 2, with the TwinPeak methode. It work fine in my DVD, but in the AOpen CD-952E, it gives me this error:
Setup is unable to locate a file in needs to continue.
Please make sure the CD-ROM is in the drive and press Retry to continue.
I have burned the pached image with “ignore weak sectors”, could it be because of that???
Please help

Maybe its reading the ATIP info, try it with “Hide CDR-Media” enablked in the clonecd tray.

Originally posted by xtacydima
Maybe its reading the ATIP info, try it with “Hide CDR-Media” enablked in the clonecd tray.

If i hide the cd media, the computer is really trying to start the game, but after some time the screen goes black.
i have no idea wat is wrong. it seems that some drives just can’t start the backup.

If you try the original, does it work perfectly fine? Kinda sounds like a software bug.

Also, I just checked and the default game profile has the weak sectors set to ignore, so I guess thats normal. Since you used the twinpak method, I assume the game is securom protected and that protection takes advantage of subs not weak sectors so I wouldnt be too concerned about the weak sectors. Also, can it be that the AOpen is just a poor sub reader? You did say it worked in the DVD-ROM.

If you try the original, doe sit work perfectly fine? Kinda sounds like a software bug.

yes. that slipt through my mind to, so i tryed the original, and it works fine.
:rolleyes: i don’t get it!!!

what is a poor sub reader???

A poor sub reader is a CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, or CD-RW that doe snot read sub-channel of a cd well. Similarly, like one needs a good reader, usually a Toshiba DVD-ROM, to read all the weak sectors of newer safedisc protections, of course this is also followed by a 2-sheep burner to correctly burn them.

A poor sub reader is a CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, or CD-RW that doe snot read sub-channel of a cd well. Similarly, like one needs a good reader, usually a Toshiba DVD-ROM, to read all the weak sectors of newer safedisc protections, of course this is also followed by a 2-sheep burner to correctly burn them.

Okey thanks!!!
year maby the drive is a “poor sub reader”.
is there a way to find out???

I don’t know of any tests for how well a drive can read subs, alexnoe mande a nice test for weak sectors, but nothing on subs from anyone. I mean if you have the game works in the DVD-ROM then just play it in there, if it seems the AOpen can’t read it properly. At least you are able to get it to go.

Does it play in your sony drive?

I don’t know of any tests for how well a drive can read subs, alexnoe mande a nice test for weak sectors, but nothing on subs from anyone. I mean if you have the game works in the DVD-ROM then just play it in there, if it seems the AOpen can’t read it properly. At least you are able to get it to go.

I haven’t tryed it in my sony drive. i will do that later.
thanks for your time!

when you use quote, do you have to put in the Originally posted by… yourself or does it get done for you somehow, it never works right for me, i just get a quote with no heading in italics.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xtacydima
[B]when you use quote, do you have to put in the Originally posted by… yourself or does it get done for you somehow, it never works right for me, i just get a quote with no heading in italics.

I just press quote under your post, and then it look like this

I have just tryed it in my sony drive, and the game install perfectly, but it will not play.

>and the game install perfectly, but it will not play.

Then it’s just not a good backup - you could try emulation to see if that, is indeed, the problem

Originally posted by FutureProof

Then it’s just not a good backup - you could try emulation to see if that, is indeed, the problem [/B]

I tried the game in my sony burner with hide cd media, and it works fine, what can you make of that??? :rolleyes:

If you want to run a copy of a recent safedisc or securom protected cd from a burner you must have an atip hiding utility such as clonecd’s hide cdr media or alcohol’s ignore media type running.

All cdr/ws have an atip (pressed silvers don’t) and all burners can detect an atip (the overwhelming majority of ordinary cd/dvd roms can’t). If the guard module detects an atip, the game won’t run.