Aopen Burners Are Like POS!

:frowning: I got a AOpen burner 52X24X52X and it just crapped out on me after 2 month of use. I got another 48X burner made by BENQ the same company as AOpen or aka ACER they are all the same company and it also crapped out on me before I got this 52X. ACER just ain’t putting any quality into their products. BTW. I burn about only 50 cds. I thought it’s suppose to burn more than a spindle of CD??? I am gonna get me an LG.

AOpen drives are known for their lack of quility.

It was a surprise to me because I thought I can’t get a POS but it happened to me. I though how bad can a cd writer be. I didn’t expect such short life out of one. I know those old yamahas are like bullitproof. Aopen hasn’t changed much at all since they introduced crappy 12X writer.

Originally posted by nsx29
:frowning: I got a AOpen burner 52X24X52X and it just crapped out on me after 2 month of use. I got another 48X burner made by BENQ the same company as AOpen or aka ACER they are all the same company and it also crapped out on me before I got this 52X. ACER just ain’t putting any quality into their products. BTW. I burn about only 50 cds. I thought it’s suppose to burn more than a spindle of CD??? I am gonna get me an LG.
What does “crapped out” mean? It looks like the AOpen 52x is a very reliable burner if you ask Jackass. They can’t read error protections but good results on writing so far. SD3.10.15 can be defeated with this burner at max or other SD killers at 8-12x

i have no idea about the AOpen 52X burner but i have tried different AOpen products and they were all of low quality…

i have burnt like 3000 + CD’s with my 40X plexwriter and its still going on strong and making quality burns that work everywhere.

i know i bought it for the price of 2 lite-on or LG drives but i think it worths the money…

Just to add for the correctness of information, Acer, Aopen and Benq are not the same companies.

Aopen and Benq are both Taiwanese companies, but both separate companies. Benq is a spin off of Acer.

Originally posted by NoLimit
i have no idea about the AOpen 52X burner but i have tried different AOpen products and they were all of low quality…

Actually, AOpen makes some good products as well. I had a GF4 from Aopen and that was a very good card (good cooling, fast memory etc). Same goes for their new mainboards and their cases… just to name a few things…

What I can say about their burners? As far as my experience with them goes, they aren’t indeed the best around, but for the more or less “common” user (burning a single disc every 3 or 4 weeks), AOpen burners are good enough… it’s just what you expect of a drive (although I must admit, that LiteOn gives way more bang for the buck)…

but for the more or less “common” user (burning a single disc every 3 or 4 weeks), AOpen burners are good enough

WOW!!! my poor lite on 32123s must think that I am a… a… ummm… cdfreak :stuck_out_tongue: I burn on average about 3 discs a day!

2 people that I know have an AOpen & it is a mixed lot. 1 loves his & the other one trashed it a long time ago.

I’ve got an AOpen 5224 and wrote a few hundred CDs so far (sometimes more than 100 a day). I only had 1 coaster so far and that was because of a defect with the CD.

I agree aopen sucks my AOPEN CRW5232/AAO PRO wont burn at anything below 4x and all the firmware updates give error:121