AONE CD-R: Are reliable? Who produce them?

vbimport

Hi,

some one know more about AONE?

I can’t find a web site or other info.

They are reliable CDR?

What is the producers? Plasmon Data System? Moser Baer? CMC?

Some info?

thanks

Aone branded media are made by Umedisc Ltd.(China). They are usually OK for everyday use but I would not use them for anything really important.

Ooo, I’m glad someone asked this question! :bigsmile:

AOne, like Tesco CD-Rs, are indeed produced by UmeDisc. Although agreed with Pepst I don’t trust no-name brands, the mix of AOne and Tesco branded discs (Well over 75 now) have all been excellent - Far better than the godawful CMC and Ritek discs I’ve used. (Bulkpaq, ARITA :Z Datawrite Titanium, et al)

Although I don’t tend to use them for important stuff, they have been excellent discs for me - No skipping when making audio CDs, no read or write failures. Tesco although not great have proven to many users their discs are actually alright :slight_smile:

Sorry to ressurect an old thread, but is it possible, oh mighty Pepst, you could identify who produces the Amazon Basics range of CD-R and DVD-R?

I have a very strange feeling they are either CMC or Plasmon discs for the CD-R, and possibly CMC, UmeDisc, or Ritek for DVD-/+R, though it remains to be seen. I know their DL variation is UmeDisc / Fake Ricohs.

[QUOTE=Chad_Bronson;2607763]Sorry to ressurect an old thread, but is it possible, oh mighty Pepst, you could identify who produces the Amazon Basics range of CD-R and DVD-R?

I have a very strange feeling they are either CMC or Plasmon discs for the CD-R, and possibly CMC, UmeDisc, or Ritek for DVD-/+R, though it remains to be seen. I know their DL variation is UmeDisc / Fake Ricohs.[/QUOTE]

AFAIK all “Amazon Basics” media are produced by Umedisc.

Pepst, feel vindicated :wink:

Amazon Basic CD-R most certainly is produced by Plasmon - Or, using UmeDisc using Plasmon stampers :slight_smile: