Ao Lin 16x DVD-R

Has anyone ever heard of these or do you have some?

The packaging looks like maybe they could be MIJ?

Ao Lin sounds Chinese to me :wink:

BTW, I just found the auction on eBay ;)…current bid $1.29 with 3 days left :wink:

Shhhh don’t tell anyone :wink:

I asked where they are made, I will post the response

[QUOTE=Arachne;1993376]Ao Lin sounds Chinese to me :wink:

BTW, I just found the auction on eBay ;)…current bid $1.29 with 3 days left ;)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;1993382]Shhhh don’t tell anyone ;)[/QUOTE]

I personally would give them a wide berth, but I know what you’re like with strange and unusual media :bigsmile:

Edit: look forward to hearing that response :wink:

[quote=Arachne;1993383]I personally would give them a wide berth, but I know what you’re like with strange and unusual media :bigsmile:[/quote] How can you resist Ao Lin media? It should be right up your alley. :wink:

Yeah I wouldn’t have even considered it if it wasn’t for that reason, she is so wonderful I just figured the media would be as well :flower:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;1993401]How can you resist Ao Lin media? It should be right up your alley. ;)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=DrageMester;1993401]How can you resist Ao Lin media? It should be right up your alley. ;)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;1993402]Yeah I wouldn’t have even considered it if it wasn’t for that reason, she is so wonderful I just figured the media would be as well :flower:[/QUOTE]

Awww :flower: :o

I wondered if anyone was gonna comment on that, I certainly wasn’t gonna mention it (for a change) :bigsmile:

:slight_smile:

Made in Japan they are, guess these will be TYG03’s…

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;1993457]:slight_smile:

Made in Japan they are, guess these will be TYG03’s…[/QUOTE]

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I am soooo interested in the hub codes if you get those :eek:

Yes I’m also interested to see if they’re actual TY or some kind of nasty little fakes.

Part of the packaging looks like my old maxell dvd +r packaging so could be a clue,but IMHO keep clear…

By packaging style alone I’m expecting something with a faked MID.
Let me guess they abused MCC’s MID.

Wonder how much I guessed right. :bigsmile:

Hmm, this looks like a really bad Maxell ripoff.
I wouldn’t be surprised if it is fake MID media from Hong Kong… but fake TYG03 would be something rather uncommon even :eek:

Well I will be the guinea pig if I can get them for a cheap price.

I can always use them for trap shooting if nothing else :wink:

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;1993766]Well I will be the guinea pig if I can get them for a cheap price.

I can always use them for trap shooting if nothing else ;)[/QUOTE]

Good luck on that, MegaDETH…I hope you get 'em for dirt cheap, 'cos curiosity is killing me LOL :wink:

I was gone for the end of the auction :sad:, I thought I would be home so I didn’t bid ahead.

The winner paid around $20 for the 2x50 packs :frowning:

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;1997178]I was gone for the end of the auction :sad:, I thought I would be home so I didn’t bid ahead.

The winner paid around $20 for the 2x50 packs :([/QUOTE]

DOH! :frowning:

It’s ok, looking at the sellers other auctions and feedback, his deals look very shady.
Auction titles are completely different from descriptions, and you have to read the fine print that they are new but could be damaged.

I would stay away.

Yeah but I like to take chances :slight_smile:

I am still really mad at myself for missing that auction though I like to test out stuff no one else has tested…

Thought I’d sign up and post since this was just about the only page I could find concerning AO LIN DVDs. Bought some myself off ebuyer, pretty cheap at £5 for 50. Burned about 1/4th of the pack so far, no problems as of yet.

Nero DiscSpeed seems to reckon they’re Verbatim brand - MMC 03RG20. They do actually have a very similar feel to the verbatims, the die colour looks exactly the same to the verbatim and the label side also has the same feel, just without the glossy verbatim logo.

Hope you guys can give me some input =)
I’ll run a quality scan with DiscSpeed and upload the screenshots later, however, it seems DiscSpeed has gone AWOL on me.