Anyone using two dvd-burners?

I’m thinking of picking up a second burner and using my iHAP422 as, well, the replacement for may aging and loud dvd-rom. I want to keep the iHAP422 for it’s ripping and scanning abilities, but, want another burner for better burning capabilites. Is anyone doing something like this? Is there anything I should I be concerned about like master/slave set up? Boot capability? Is there anything I’m forgetting or have overlooked? The dvd-burner I’m thinking of pairing with the iHAP is the Pioneer DVR-116DBK. Thanks for the advice!

Hi,

many users have more than one drive :slight_smile: Just because of the reasons you mention.

Master/Slave must be correctly adjusted, and you need a 80conductor cable. If you decide to get a Pioneer, these like being the master. So put that at the black end connector of the cable with jumper set to master. Install the Liteon as Slave then.

Another alternative for the Pioneer (many people consider the 115 better than the 116, but this may change with newer firmware) would be a NEC/Optiarc 720x series drive.

Michael

samsung 20* burning, pioneer 115, lg even, or optiarc 720*, choice is wide

[QUOTE=ianm2;2226600]samsung 20* burning, pioneer 115, lg even, or optiarc 720*, choice is wide[/QUOTE]:wink: Choice will get narrower if you check the availability of these drives. At least 20x Samsung and Pio 115 are hard to get nowadays.

Thanks for the advice. I missed an “open box” Pioneer 115 at newegg this morning…$16.99 plus shipping. I was running late getting out of the house and didn’t have time to place the order because of it. I hoped it was going to be there when I got home, but, it’s gone now…figures.

Just two? :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=KTL;2226634]Just two? :p[/QUOTE]

:clap:

Exactly. Many of us have several drives that we use for various tasks, some installed internally, others that are in enclosures. Very common. No one drive can do it all.

[QUOTE=Hercules1;2226558]I’m thinking of picking up a second burner and using my iHAP422 as, well, the replacement for may aging and loud dvd-rom. I want to keep the iHAP422 for it’s ripping and scanning abilities, but, want another burner for better burning capabilites. Is anyone doing something like this? Is there anything I should I be concerned about like master/slave set up? Boot capability? Is there anything I’m forgetting or have overlooked? The dvd-burner I’m thinking of pairing with the iHAP is the Pioneer DVR-116DBK. Thanks for the advice![/QUOTE]What do you take us for, a bunch of cheap skates? :bigsmile:

I don’t have either drives your have mentioned.