Anyone used the 811 with XBOX?

After the problems here, I wondered if anyone has tried anything similar with the 811?

I’m thinking of buying one and it wil be used a lot with my XBOX But if it has the same issues as the 411 I’ll look elsewhere.

Originally posted by mbriody
[B]After the problems here, I wondered if anyone has tried anything similar with the 811?

I’m thinking of buying one and it wil be used a lot with my XBOX But if it has the same issues as the 411 I’ll look elsewhere. [/B]

YUP - works fine. Just buy quality media!

Any recommendations? What media has worked for you on the Xbox?

Originally posted by Wild_Bill
YUP - works fine. Just buy quality media!

I think it as something to do with what drive you have in the Xbox, and whether or not it can read the +R media.

For me, Verbatim DatalifePlus +R, Traxdata +R (Ricoh), Ritek G04 -R & Princo -R all work fine.

hi all,
i’ve burnt some xbox dvd’s with my 811s now. I use sky media (plasmon in dvdidentifier). They work good unless i burn more than 4GB… in that case the dvd becomes useless :_(

DVD+R: Doesn’t play in my Samsung drive, does play in my friend’s Thompson drive.
DVD+RW: Works fine in my Samsung drive.
DVD-R (4speed): Works in my Samsung drive, but sometimes I get a dirty disc error, or movies lock up for about half a second from time to time.
DVD-R (2speed): Works fine in my Samsung drive.

I used Traxdata DVD+R’s (RICOHJPRN01), Traxdata DVD-R’s (RITEKG04) and the bundled DVD+RW.

Silver: what firmware are you using?-p

I burn Fujifilm 4x dvd+r’s at 8x for use in my xbox.
I have a samsung drive in my xbox…the dvd+r’s will work fine in the samsung drives if you use the bitsetting utility to change the disc book type to dvd-rom.

In general DVD-R is most compatible with all three DVD-ROM XBOX drives. RitekG04 works well and is relatively cheap. You can get a 50 for $38.00 shipped.