Anyone use WinX Blu-ray Decrypter?

vbimport

Did a search here and couldn’t find any threads relating to WinX products.

Looking to buy an internal BD burner soon but want to locate decent, affordably priced BD decrypting/converting software. Looks like SlySoft and Fengtao Software products get mentioned here, but frankly they seem way too expensive – at least here in the USA.

Have been using WinX Ripper Platinum for well over a year and find it does a great job on my regular DVD movies. There must be others here who use this company’s decrypt/convert apps…

Thanks!

[QUOTE=RWP;2552291]Did a search here and couldn’t find any threads relating to WinX products.

Looking to buy an internal BD burner soon but want to locate decent, affordably priced BD decrypting/converting software. Looks like SlySoft and Fengtao Software products get mentioned here, but frankly they seem way too expensive – at least here in the USA.

Have been using WinX Ripper Platinum for well over a year and find it does a great job on my regular DVD movies. There must be others here who use this company’s decrypt/convert apps…

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Do a google review.

[B]Cons:[/B]

[ul]
[li]Sometimes WinX Ripper Platinum Edition can end up consuming more CPU resources than you would expect.
[/li]> [li]Rare cases of the software crashing in between (though the Safe Mode helps a lot.)
[/li]> [li]No on-call support (they can charge a bit for that but they should have the on-call support.)
[/li]> [li]No preview option for the output file.
[/li]> [li]No themes option available for those who love to enjoy funky looking themes.
[/li]> [/ul]

[B]Cons:[/B]
-Slow ripping process
-Enables subtitles by default
-Fairly large output size

The money spent on Slysoft or Fengtao Software products has better support and they work with more programs in the case of Any dvd HD + IMGB is a very good combination .

[QUOTE=RWP;2552291]Did a search here and couldn’t find any threads relating to WinX products.
[/QUOTE]

That’s because they’re nearly all spam and the mods here have deleted most of them.

I have to say that your post is perilously close to this but I’ve decided to edit it accordingly.

[B]Wombler[/B]

I’ve been a CDF member a long time and I’m completely shocked at the lack of objectivity expressed in this thread – and the insinuation I’m trying to spam here…

[QUOTE=RWP;2552430]I’ve been a CDF member a long time and I’m completely shocked at the lack of objectivity expressed in this thread – and the insinuation I’m trying to spam here…[/QUOTE]

I’ve more than taken that into consideration and as a long time member I’m sure you appreciate the need for us to edit certain posts that may be misinterpreted by others.

I haven’t issued a warning, I haven’t deleted the thread, I’ve edited your post to remove any potential concerns and I’ve allowed the core of your query to remain.

If I’d considered it as deliberate spam I’d have taken further action but clearly that’s not the case.

I’m open to suggestions but I can’t really see how I could have been any fairer with this.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2552464]I’ve more than taken that into consideration and as a long time member I’m sure you appreciate the need for us to edit certain posts that may be misinterpreted by others.

I haven’t issued a warning, I haven’t deleted the thread, I’ve edited your post to remove any potential concerns and I’ve allowed the core of your query to remain.

If I’d considered it as deliberate spam I’d have taken further action but clearly that’s not the case.

I’m open to suggestions but I can’t really see how I could have been any fairer with this.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]Not to seem argumentive, but isn’t this a discussion forum – a place where people freely share/discuss ideas and technologies? All I did was post a link to the product I was discussing to save readers from having to do a search for it to know what I was referring to. That’s considered spam?

Basically, you are stating that discussion about any other decrypting/converting app beside the ones this forum (and your sig) clearly endorse is forbidden. Glad that type of censorship isn’t practiced by the mods in the CDF forums I normally participate in or there would only be a couple disc brands and burner manufacturers allowed to be discussed… :eek:

At any rate – if you truly wish to be fair about things, then why not remove that smart-assed spam image posted by samlar? In fact why not just zap this whole thread so that evil competing product’s name will never be seen by another via the search feature?

Feel free to now ban or warn me if you like, and if you do it will be the final sign to me that this is no longer the same great forum its founders originally created, and not one I’ll be trusting anymore for reliable unbiased info.

Good day…

Sigh… I thought this was clear but I’ve specifically left this thread open so that you CAN ask here. :rolleyes:

What question is it you’re asking as this isn’t clear from your original post?

[B]Wombler[/B]

Not to barge in on anything, but was the only edit made to remove a link to the WinX product?

We only support a few DVD Movie Copy products here at CDF, I am aware of WinX and personally in my humble opinion it doesnt compare to the other products mentioned here, with over 500,000 members I dont ever remember someone bringing this product to our attention but if you like it RWP, I respect that. I have tryed it and personally do not care for it, but thats my opinion only , other can also make their opinions heard just as you have so please don’t be so fast as to call our members non objective.

Posted by RWP

There must be others here who use this company’s decrypt/convert apps…

If they are here I am sure they will come forward. We can discuss anything related to CopytoDVDMovies here, just as long as it stays relavent and people respect each others opinions.:wink:

I think RWP has a point here about the link. If you look in his original post now, he mentions WinX DVD Ripper, but the automatic links created by the forum make that a link to DVDFab! If anyone unfamiliar with these programs comes in and clicks that, thinking they will get to see the program he is talking about, they get a rude awakening.

If you don’t let him make a link there is no way for anyone to find the program outside of a Google search, which is unfair considering the way the auto links work.

Edit: The original link that I was talking about has been edited out, so that it no longer links to DVDFab. You can still see the effect here in my post, but this edit should clear up any misunderstandings/problems for people looking in on RWP’s first post.

@ Kerry

Here is a tip for for you and to anyone else who may be interested…

You can disable the link that is generated by the forum by altering the color of the word that produces the generating the link e.g

The word DVDFab <-has generated a link, where here-> DVDFab has not, I usually use black which blends in with the rest of the text.

However there are certain words that this does not work for like DVD Ripper<-(color was changed to black) but you can still disable the generated link by placing an extra space between the two words has I have done here-> DVD Ripper. :wink:

[B]SJ[/B]
P.S…Comes in handy when creating guides :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2552512]I think RWP has a point here about the link. If you look in his original post now, he mentions WinX DVD Ripper, but the automatic links created by the forum make that a link to DVDFab! If anyone unfamiliar with these programs comes in and clicks that, thinking they will get to see the program he is talking about, they get a rude awakening.

If you don’t let him make a link there is no way for anyone to find the program outside of a Google search, which is unfair considering the way the auto links work.

Edit: The original link that I was talking about has been edited out, so that it no longer links to DVDFab. You can still see the effect here in my post, but this edit should clear up any misunderstandings/problems for people looking in on RWP’s first post.[/QUOTE]

Hadn’t picked up on that Kerry. :iagree:

I just removed the stuff that could be misconstrued as promotional and didn’t alter any auto links.

[B]Wombler[/B]

I could have sworn I first found out about the WinX products though CDF’s Bargain Basement section (linked to a freebie at GOTD) but at this point all bets are off. There is a Halloween special there today but I’m a little gun shy to post it there or provide a link…

At any rate, I’m sure DVD Fab and SlySoft are excellent products – but not the only ones.

A [B]simple[/B] link to what you believe is a good buy is always welcome in the Bargain Basement RWP. As long as it doesn’t link to something malicious.

And members are free to discuss the merits or issues with this software as they wish. You may not have many who will support your opinion of this program however.

Gents,

I’ve been a member here long than most Mods, but I didn’t realise that the Board was now set up to promote certain software packages, and therefore stiffle others. That’s grossly unfair censorship and underhanded to boot.

[B]RWP has a very valid point![/B]

Currently I’m looking for a BlueRay version of CloneDVD2; and therefore looking out of the Box for a solution (none found). If you, or the Board, automatically censors away potential packages then I too am being slighted.

'nuff said :cop:

Jim that is most certainly not the case and users are free to discuss any relevant software here.

This particular forum is not however the most appropriate place for details of bargains and promotional offers though so I edited the original post to protect RWP from accusations of spamming.

As Kerry56 quite rightly points out such posts are welcome in the Bargains forum and I would encourage users to discuss any movie copy software they wish here as that after all is the purpose of this forum.

[B]Wombler[/B]

agree with RWP.

and now winx has updeted their Blu-ray decrypter with new UI and supporting more blu-ray protections.

Update on my opinion regarding WinX products after well over a year of usage:

They certainly are not as good as their competition such as DVD Fab, etc. Quite buggy in fact and only worth considering if you get it for free from one of their many free promotion givaways.

OTOH, they ARE free from malware, don’t spam you like some of the competing products and don’t trick you into installing their search toolbar.

All-in-all, if you can get one of their products for free, it will do a decent job in most functions until you can afford one of the fairly expensive but less buggy/well known/highly praised alternatives…

BTW - my original beef early in this thread concerned the censorship of my earnest attempt to discuss an alternative program. I wasn’t trying to force it down anyone’s throat – only to discuss it in a calm productive manner and not be called a spammer…

I haven’t used the WinX products but a little & I don’t have a bluray drive . I have the WinX Blu-ray Decrypter though . I got it from gaotd .
I also have 3 of their other programs I got the same way.
I guess a person can have too many tools but you never know.

I’m looking for a BlueRay version of CloneDVD2; or another package that can do the same with BlueRay Movies.

Do you know of anything close?