Anyone use SKC DVD-R Blank Media?

vbimport

Just wondering if anyone has used this media, and its long term longevity…?

skc? is that a brand? never heard of that as a media code…

Haven’t used it, but it’s definitely poor media.

@haveacigar: “SKC Co.,Ltd.” is a common super-cheap 4x DVD-R media code.

Yeah, crap stuff.

aha… i shall put that into my database lol :wink:

I had some 4x mirror branded SKC Co.,Ltd discs. All 20 out of 25 failed to burn.

SKC :Z

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=129303

I don’t know where the SKC sales site is anymore, but last time I read it, you were subjected to all sorts of fluffy “best media ever Grade Super AAA+++” type garbage marketing.

That alone should make people run away. :iagree:

Well said, lordsmurf!

:wink:

Ok I have used both the +r and -r and have burned 100+ movies using dvd shrink and decrypter, The worked fine when burned, even a couple of months later. But… after 6-7 months I have found they they have degraded badly and are unable to be watched, which means I have to reaquire all these movies and burn them again.

They are cheap and work well at the start but don’t use them for anything important or you will be cursing yourself like me.

They were all stored correctly using proper dvd cases and were marked accordingly with a proper dvd felt tip marker.

I also have used lots of TDK and Sony and they have stood the test of time.

ucwepn, please respect our rules and refrain from using obscene language! :cop:

There are other less offensive ways to express your dislike for SKC media.

From the rules:

[quote=“Da_Taxman”]
The rules: We do not allow, nor condone any messages containing:

• [li]Language that is obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, hateful, threatening or violate any laws;[/li][/quote]

SKC is a Korean brand. Unlike the DVD writers and household applianced, Korean branded media isn’t exactly known for quality in general.

[QUOTE=karangguni;1514519]SKC is a Korean brand. Unlike the DVD writers and household applianced, Korean branded media isn’t exactly known for quality in general.[/QUOTE]

I know this is an old thread but I just scanned one of these I burnt in 1999 and it came up a treat

[QUOTE=Kenny8;2778759]I know this is an old thread but I just scanned one of these I burnt in 1999 and it came up a treat[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forum, Kenny8. :flower: If you own a CD/DVD drive capable of quality scanning, could you post your results here?: http://club.myce.com/f33/scans-aging-older-cd-media-183176/

Thanks for the welcome. Have been using this site for valuable information for ages

Leave it with me, I’ve got a Pioneer 209D BD burner which only does a TRT and an older LG which is the same

I’m going to back the discs up anyway but was amazed that the data was still intact. I keep my discs in paper sleeves and stored in the dark

SKC has been in the game for a VERY long time. They were once one of the larger producers of floppy disks and video cassettes. I have some early SK cyanine CD-Rs and they were fairly decent.