Anyone tried magnet fishing?

vbimport

Obtained a strong magnet rated at 80kg so took my daughter magnet fishing.
what a great afternoon we had even the passers bye wanted and did have a go. made a short vid

//youtu.be/k3x0_8KP5bk

thought I had started a trend but after posing on youtube theres loads at it.

we will deffo go again soon

link not working try https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3x0_8KP5bk

Hi myke, Neve tried magnet fishing but i`ve metal detected since i was 14 so a lot of years now.!
Have you thought about giving it a try.?

Interesting!

[QUOTE=budwieser61;2783116]Hi myke, Neve tried magnet fishing but i`ve metal detected since i was 14 so a lot of years now.!
Have you thought about giving it a try.?[/QUOTE]

I do have a metal detector (its about 15 years old) used it about 10 times not found much. Its a C scope dont know the model no.

Suppose its like magnet fishing last week we went to a local boating lake only found a bit of pipe and an empty tin of spam. So tried back at the canal and again more finds.

The Idea was to try and get my grandaughter out and away from her Ipad.Kids are bored easily so the magnet fishing seemed ideal.

So have you found anything valuable myke?

[B]Wombler[/B]

Not found anythingof monetary value but interesting items include large cast iron fire bars over 600mm long from a furnace. Possibly from an old bottle furnace which was sited at the side of the canal. also found magnetic slag possibly from the same source.
Half a cast iron sign saying no public right of way BTW

The fun is in getting a bite remember the magnet fishing games of old. Paper fish with a paper clip on and a rod with a magnet on a string?
Well its the same but in a muddy canal and bigger.
We found loads of spoons knifes and forks at a residential spot.