Anyone run SII680a ATA RAID card in x64?

I have a SIL680a ATA raid card but it won’t recognize the array in 64 bit WinXP (x64). The adapter is recognized in the Device manager but there’s nothing in the control panel. :disagree: Has anyone here had this problem?

Speaking of the control panel, how come there isn’t one like that for 32 bit XP? I think you can flash a new bios with it. :iagree:

You need a XP-64 compatable driver from the card maker. XP-64 has no native RAID drivers AFAIK. So it will see the device, but not connect to it.

Of course I have the x64 driver. It wouldn’t recognize the adapter without it. It just won’t recognize the array.

You have to create a new one, of course.

Actually, yes it would recognize the device without a driver. Sounds like the driver is no good, or the array is not set up right. Did you format the array?

It wouldn’t recognize the adapter and show it to be “working properly” (with no yellow icon) without a valid 64bit driver. Yes I formatted the array and it works fine from my 32bit 2003 server system on another partition. The 64 bit driver was released in December by Silicon Image. I’m sure there are other people using it but I haven’t received any feedback from them yet.

You have to create a new one, of course.

I shouldn’t have to create a new array to have it recognized from a newly installed system, but I did anyway and it still wouldn’t work. :confused: Nothing shows up in Disk Management.

Ok, well if you had provided that information in your original post you could have saved some time.

Based on your sketchy information, it sounds like the volume is not showing up in disc management at all. Since you’ve ruled out hardware trouble with the 32b OS, that leaves the driver. Basic Windows troubleshooting applies. Remove the card and reboot a couple times, then re-install the card, reinstall the driver.

Fixed it. I was just about to remove the raid card when I noticed that there was a jumper on my WD drive, which couldn’t be right because the drives are supposed to be set to master and you have to remove the jumper to set WD drives as a single master. Not sure what I was thinking there… :confused: :rolleyes: So, I removed it, booted up and thar she be. It had no effect on performance in win2003 server but wouldn’t even show up in x64 with one of the drives jumpered to slave.

Now that is interesting …
I’ve had a similar issue with WD drives …

I can’t understand the “master with slave” jumper … vs the jumperless “master with no slave”.