Anyone reccomend the BEST CD burning software please

vbimport

Can someone please reccomend the best, most reliable CD writing software.

Cheers…

CloneCD?
Well actually it depends on what you want to burn.
Protected or just burn?

just for music/data burning

I’ve already got clone CD but it doesn’t work with my burner

I dont know which ones the best but i’ll list some of them:

Nero Burning Rom
Adaptec EasyCD
CDRWIN (i think)

:slight_smile:

I hope it helped :slight_smile:
Do you have the software, are you gonna buy it or are you gonna download it? because if you want i can send you an adress.

Originally posted by rexico
[B]Can someone please reccomend the best, most reliable CD writing software.

Cheers… [/B]

there is no one “best program”. i use lots of different programs for different jobs. for instance, you can’t use a hammer to do the job of a screwdriver, can you?

i use nero for most data (multisession) tasks, clonecd for protected game discs, feurio for audio compilations, and fireburner for ISO writing. so you see, there’s actually not a “best, most reliable software”.

Nero 5.5 is my favorite. But Easy CD Creator 5 is also not bad.

A good combination is Nero and CloneCD if your burner is compatible.

However pls note that if you are using Nero 5.5.0.3, there are some problems with it as it is a beta version.
You’d be better off using the 5.0.4.8 demo or wait till The official release of Nero 5.5(.0.4).

Other than that, I’d suggest the BlindWrite Suite for those .bin/.cue type files.

Nero 5.x.x.x for ISO and MP3’s,…
CloneCd for protected games
CDRWIN for CUE and BIN files,…

Perhaps nice to check http://www.cdfreaks.com/cdfreaksr0x.php3?Action=Poll&PollID=5

Originally posted by fordcapri
Nero 5.x.x.x for ISO and MP3’s,…
CloneCd for protected games
CDRWIN for CUE and BIN files,…

One problem I have with CDRWin is that a few times I’ve tried to burn a downloaded CUE/BIN, it says it can’t find the BIN on my desktop. That’s because they are both in a folder on my E drive. I wonder if it does this because the person who posted the files had it on his/her desktop? Anyway, I use Blindwrite and it finds the files no problem.

Solution is easy… edit the CUE file (in notepad) and change the filepath for the BIN file…

If you really want the best software for burning music, the only answer is Feurio. Is specifically designed for that purpose, not a suite with a lot of issues, just the most complete program for burning audio. And u don’t need a crack because the demo version (www.feurio.com) is fully operative, just shows a screen that says it’s a demo (click on continue testing and that’s all). Nero, Clone and other stuff are pretty good for general purposes, but for audio use only Feurio

Originally posted by Squage
[B]there is no one “best program”. i use lots of different programs for different jobs. for instance, you can’t use a hammer to do the job of a screwdriver, can you?

i use nero for most data (multisession) tasks, clonecd for protected game discs, feurio for audio compilations, and fireburner for ISO writing. so you see, there’s actually not a “best, most reliable software”. [/B]

Couldn’t agree with you more.
Every job requires a new evaluation on what program is best suited for the job.

Personally I stick with Nero for daily burning of data (unprotected) or music CDs, while Fireburner is perfect for those .cue/.bin files you find on the internet (less chance of crashing than CDRWin, in my humble opinion). CloneCD is of course a great program for copying protected games, as long as your burner is supported of course.

What I actually don’t use (and refuse to install) is Easy CD Creator (now known as Roxio), for it can completely mess up your configuration, especially in combination with DirectCD. WinOnCD is not all that user friendly, but is supposed to be very good when making Video CDs…

My overall favourite is Nero 5.x (haven’t used 5.5 yet, waiting for the official release, for which I have a license :wink:

Originally posted by Da_Taxman

My overall favourite is Nero 5.x (haven’t used 5.5 yet, waiting for the official release, for which I have a license :wink:

Should be out today?

Originally posted by MP|3
[B]

Should be out today? [/B]

Found at Ahead website
Nero 5.5 will be released during April 2001 (a little later than planned).

ANd yes I know, their website is always late on updating, but that is all I have to go on (officially :wink: )