Anyone purchased from BlankDVDmedia.com?

many online stores have both quality & low quality media that is due to demand alot of ppl who have no clue on media quality always buy the cheap ones , i did check the website did it before i replied the only ty +r they dont have in stock is the white printable the silver printable 8x +r and the non-printable 8x +r are both in stock

many ppl did , but after few months it got much worser

maybe you got lucky and got good batches,all recent riteks are crap
you gonna love this one click here they admit it

you arent the first person who blames it on those factors , no way all those ppl with bad ritek scans had bad drives or firmware/speed issues

Article talks about G04/G05 - I talked about using ONLY +R (RITEK R02/03) maybe you should read carefully.

Many of the new Ridata/Ritek +R use the RICOHJPN dyes.

Here we go again. Same arguments as we’ve read so many times. :rolleyes:

People who report Ritek discs’ degradation use other discs as well.
If your claim was true, then why would only the Ritek discs in their collection show faster degradation?

With Maxell-branded G05, I have the same experience as yours: mine are not afflicted by the degradation problem. But trust me when I say that all other G05 discs I’ve tried (except Traxdata) had less longevity than a fish out of the water. Most were unusable after 2 months.

Also, you claim about writing speeds can’t be backed up by any serious evidence. I burn all my discs at their rated speed and never noticed any playback problem. Except, of course, with bad media. So, simple logic, the speed problem comes from the media, not the user or the writer. When a manufacturer or a brand advertises a disc as being rated at X speed, it’s THEIR responsability that this disc give good results at this speed. Not ours.

You’re fighting a lost battle, here, mate. It’s your right to declare war to defend an online shop or to defend Ritek, but the more frantic you will be about it, the less people will listen to you. There are many paradoxes in your posts, also, btw.

Oh, and who claims to be an expert here? Give me a link, I’m curious.

Try and relax :slight_smile:

Once again - if you re-read my post, under what BRAND was it sold ? Most of the time people buy the cheap arsed brands with little or no waranty, sure they don’t have the same quality control and will sell the crappy ritek batches.

AGAIN - this is why I buy from reputable brands, MAXELL or other known brands, which are more expensive, and offer lifetime waranty. They are certainly not going to waranty CRAP media. They have better quality control. Sure I mean you will end up with good and bad batches, like ANYTHING you buy on the market.

With Maxell-branded G05, I have the same experience as yours: mine are not afflicted by the degradation problem. But trust me when I say that all other G05 discs I’ve tried (except Traxdata) had less longevity than a fish out of the water. Most were unusable after 2 months.

2 months that is very bad - And nobody is filing lawsuits against those arse bandits ? It amazes me how a company can get away with this. Again it goes with what I say, and yes they did admit it…that is what you get with a mass production item, like VHS tapes, audio tapes and anything that is produced in big volumes, there is bound to be defects…UNFORTUNATELY Ritek has ZERO quality control… Luckily for me we use advanced devices here to run complex tests on the media BEFORE using it, we get a clear indication on which one to avoid, before burning… I can buy RITEK made discs from different brands other than maxell and will notice right away defects with the dye, uneven spread, etc… Those I would avoid like plague. I have had a long talk with some suppliers and resellers, including Maxell themselves - now would a reputable company be using and selling known defect media that lasts 2 months ? Answer that question for me…and I dare you to call Maxell and confront them about this. I have no choice “mate” - Those TAYO YUDEN and RICOHJPN media codes are quite rare. Most companies have gone from using those dyes to using RITEKS now to save on production costs, so tough luck - and with where I live ordering online is a pain in the arse and would cost me more money in shipping and what not…At any rate both RITEK and RICOHJPN are in the same class B type of media, and quite honestly I have had better scans with RITEKS myself than I ever did with RICOHJPN…and not had any degradation problem. Like I said mate I have tons of RITEKS burnt here all have lasted certainly more than the 2 months, and still going no degradation…year +++ after… So what’s the next thing I will be accused of ? Working for RITEK ?
Not everybody has the facility to order online and in some cases depending on location it would cost more money…so we have to live with what we get in stores…average quality media.

Also, you claim about writing speeds can’t be backed up by any serious evidence. I burn all my discs at their rated speed and never noticed any playback problem. Except, of course, with bad media. So, simple logic, the speed problem comes from the media, not the user or the writer. When a

This would be dependant on the writer most of the time - Again if you see many posts on different forums you will see that in some cases people could not get quality burns at the rated speed so they had to burn an 8x media at 4x for example…you will see a lot of that. Whilst on the other hand you will see people burning at more than the rated speed on a different writer.

Also…I see NO PROBLEM in burning a DATA DVD at its rated speed, but personally would not recommend doing so for a VIDEO DVD.

You’re fighting a lost battle, here, mate. It’s your right to declare war to defend an online shop or to defend Ritek, but the more frantic you will be about it, the less people will listen to you. There are many paradoxes in your posts, also, btw.

Oh, and who claims to be an expert here? Give me a link, I’m curious.

Try and relax :slight_smile:

AGAIN I am not defending in the sense you are putting it - the guy is TROLLING - he is saying X company is unreliable and CRAP, without as much giving arguments… You on the other hand and many people claim RITEK is crap but you DID argument and backup your statements with personal experiences…Why can’t you all get the bloody point?

Imagine those MILLIONS and MILLIONS so-called “CRAPPY” Riteks sold, imagine all those online dvd suppliers, selling RITEKS, including blankmedia.ca, and many others, all of them sell RITEKS, imagine them selling “CRAPPY” media…you can imagine all the potential lawsuits and complaints.

Now imagine PAYPAL which has 70 million customers, and yet people say PAYPAL is crap, they even have a paypalsucks website…

I am not defending Ritek or any company - I will not argue that there are very bad RITEKS circulating, in fact I would admit that they are not as consistent as CLASS A media…and according to digitalfaqs, they are 80-90% consistent as opposed to 95-100% with GRADE A… So 80%, that’s not bad is it mate ? Now if you order from crappy brands to save some nickels then I guess that you are more likely to get a crappy ritek than say if you got it from Maxell…

Agreed…already moved to my ignore list. I don’t need aggravation. :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:
Greg, you don’t want to cool down and that’s a sad thing as we could really discuss interesting points you make, but you sound so frantic and stiff that it’s discouraging. I can almost hear you shouting in my ears! And just like Chas, I don’t need the aggravation. We’re not talking politics or human problems, here, after all. Taking the whole thing so dead seriously is in my opinion rather exaggerated, and it only makes me want to quit this discussion. Maybe we’ll have the opportunity in the future to have a constructive chat about several of the points you make.

Though, as you insisted that I reply to a specific question of yours:

I’ll indirectly reply with this interesting reading:

Source: CDRlabs.com, Sun Aug 07, 2005, written by dolphinius_rex

Now, regarding the quality of Maxell’s newly outsourced 8x DVDRs… I’ve been aware of the problem for at least a month now, if not maybe even 2. I made a full report of this problem to Maxell directly, and they promised to look into it (although I heard nothing back). Now, in the last few weeks, I’ve been VERY lucky to be able to meet with a good portion of Maxell Canada’s staff, including the head of Western Sales, the General Manager of Maxell Canada, and the head of Maxell’s marketing department (among others). The meetings took quite some time and popsicles, but once all the main issues had been discussed, I took the time to pull the most important members aside, and bring up my results to them again, and ask for an update. What they told me, includes both my above stock issues comments, and the following:

Due to Maxell’s inability to create a large enough volume of media for sale in North America (among other places), Maxell has had to outsource production to another plant. Maxell specifically qualifies the media from the plants it outsources to, to make sure they meet a minimum standard for their brand. They even went so far as to admit to me it was not as good quality as their own Japanese media, but should be still quite good (please note, the official answer is that the media is the same quality is every respect… so they were being honest!). At this time, they also told me that Ritek was currently the only plant qualified for their media, but that Taiyo Yuden, and another plant have already been tapped, and are on the way to receiving their qualifications.

I then asked about the quality problems with their current outsourcing to Ritek, and asked how it was possible that Ritek could have beaten Taiyo Yuden when it came to qualifying media quality? I didn’t get a great answer on this one, it basically came down to “I don’t know, I don’t have all the details”. One thing I was told is that the problems I reported way back when, were sent to head office in Japan, and Maxell is NOT happy with Ritek sending one quality of media for their tests, and saturating the finished product with lower grade Ritek then most other brands receive (according to reports on the media). I don’t know what Maxell said to Ritek, but I got the distinct impression that it was not very pleasent… something similar to rubbing a dog’s nose in it’s own urine when it makes a mistake on the rug, or something like that. A was also told that my report on the quality issues pushed Maxell to begin seriously thinking about replacing Ritek, and significantly hastened the search for new OEM’s.

So, while nothing happens immediately in a large company like Maxell, I’m happy to say that new things are in the works… and if we are VERY lucky, we may even see Taiyo Yuden media replace Ritek at later dates.

Furthermore, I’ll keep track of all the negative comments, and make sure to mention it to Maxell next time the oppurtunity comes up.
Cheers :cool:

Francksoy,

You have more patience than I, very nicely done.

Wow. The amount of ass kissing between you two is truly awe-inspiring. Too bad you both consistantly hijack threads to push your agendas.

Get a room.

-Evan-

LOL - so I guess this has turned into a war on media…On one side of the ring you have the Tayo Yuden employees and on the other side the Ritek employees… Now who’s in the middle ? :D:D:D

I don’t give a shite what CDRLabs has to say, I have dealt with Maxell in ages, and I know for a fact they are not FULLY honest - Like any company nowadays they want to cut corners and save on production costs - which is why they dropped using the RICOHJPN we were all used to…Now RITEK seems to be their chosen and it’s been like that for a long time and there is no plan to change otherwise…and if you lot honestly think they will use TAYO YUDEN which will cost them much more, you are dreaming - At least not for their DVD+R media they won’t…Would they go from RITEKG05 to YUDEN…maybe…Would they go from RITEKR03 to YUDEN +R, not gonna happen! :slight_smile:

Memorex is in the same boat, they used good old RICOHJPN and all of a sudden they decided to be cheap and revert to the SHITTIEST media on the face of this bloody earth, called CMC…I am thankful at least Maxell has not resorted to such lows :wink:

Now if Maxell were in that deep of pool of excrement, why the tosspot are they offering a lifetime waranty on their media whilst other brands like Memorex etc…offer only 1 year and in some cases 180 days and some cases none…Answer that one Sherlock Bloody Holmes…You think of an answer you can pull out of your arse whilst I get my 100 RITEK DVD wedding copies for my clients ready on time and deliver them quickly before they get a chance of degrading and not working ;/ ;/ ;/

And what our “agendas” would happen to be, Evan…? :confused:
Your own agenda seems to personally attack me on purpose, for whatever reason I can’t imagine. I’m tired of this.

Long time? Hardly. It’s quite recent. What are your sources? Have I missed something? When exactly do you think Maxell started to sell Ritek-manufactured discs?

Memorex, unlike Maxell, has never been renowned for offering quality media. You’re comparing pears and apples. Maxell has a reputation to stand for.
And as you state that the “shittiest” media on earth are from CMC, now I know for sure that I can’t take you seriously.

??? :confused: I don’t get it. Are you implying that I stated so? I didn’t. I have the feeling that you read only what you want to read.

What are my sources ? ME. Maybe once again you failed to read that I am a BIG consumer of media, not just the guy who makes 2 or 3 backups of his films. I produce in quantities and sell presentations, special occasions videos, etc…on DVD. I have always used Maxell mosty but have tried many different media codes. The Maxell batches dated 2002 and earlier were RICOHJPN…most early ones were RICOHJPN…I have burnt over a thousand and ALL were RICOHJPN at that time. As to Memorex, they too used RICOHJPN as well and when I started this thing I used a few boxes of Memorex, RICOHJPNR01 and never had a problem - they still are alive and well.
Anything past 2002 till this day and Memorex has gone down, now they use CMC, which is CRAP media, and yes I do have a few of those and while they did scan with decent kprobes, they deteriorated pretty quickly as I mentionned before.

Memorex, unlike Maxell, has never been renowned for offering quality media. You’re comparing pears and apples. Maxell has a reputation to stand for.

As I said earlier Memorex used RICOHJPN at first, I still have unopened Memorex boxes of 5 DVD+R, dated © 2002, which are ALL RICOHJPNR01.
As to maxell having a reputation to stand for, you are repeating exactly what I said - I was making a point with the article you posted about Maxell admitting to using poor media, etc.etc.etc…

And as you state that the “shittiest” media on earth are from CMC, now I know for sure that I can’t take you seriously.

Correction - I should have said ONE of the many shitty medias out there. As to taking me seriously, I think this is an issue of pot / kettle / black - If you consider CMC to be decent or even half decent then I think it says a lot…
I and many others have had pretty bad experiences with CMC…
you can also check http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm
Look on the list, and I quote:

Pathetic garbage, landfill material, about 0-50% success rate

Taken word for word from the site.

And yes Ritek is in the 2nd class media, not as consistent in quality as 1st class media, but better than the 3rd and 4th class junk and if you stick to reputable brands like Maxell, etc… chances are you will get the better batches. Nothing is GARANTEED.

Oh My God!!! I have an agenda??? Please someone stop me before I post again. I do so hate to be a pawn. All that payola from the evil corporate interests out to destroy poor old Ritek must have corrupted my soul.

Now that my secret is out, I guess I just have to resign in disgrace.

You know, life is so much more peaceful with the ignore list.

Bye Bye Quaiboy. :slight_smile:

I, for one, am crushed…

LOL alright once you guys are finished with your shoving match, check out digitalfaq’s media section it says it all on what’s good, what’s not…However I stress out, what people confuse is that some media are more consistent in quality than others. Example, the said Tayo Yudens have a near flawless rate (again according to digitalfaq and the dolphin too :slight_smile: ) however, I have seen many HORRID scans on this forum of the said TY discs, and even so with other writers.

As to RITEK, I doN’t know about the -R kind, maybe it is crap…I always use the +R, which has media code RITEK R03-02 - Now here is what I notice. If I buy Maxell DVD+R branded discs, which are RITEKR03, I get EXCELLENT burns, amazingly low PIs, with 10 being the highest PI across the entire disc and with 2 being the highest PO with a very low total spread…those are the discs that have not degraded on me yet :slight_smile: As to RIDATA, they are said to be high quality and use high quality organic dye…Well perhaps if you buy Ritek’s own brand directly from them, you are shooting yourself in the foot because then you are taking chances… Nonetheless so far I have had success with all RIDATA RitekR03 I have used and by success I mean no CRC errors or PO failures on the entire surface of the disc (full 4.38GB) HOWEVER…scanning on a LITEON 811S would reveal PI and PIFs in the thousands strangely…yet the same scan on a 1633S reveals very good PIF totals and max PIF of 2, while the PI on the other hand is at maximum 30 to 40 compared to PI max 10 with Riteks from other media… Since the PIF max and the totals are low I would consider it a good burn, also the PI are well within specs, however, the TOTAL is much much higher across the disc, and the fact it scans terribly on a 811S and 2 to 3 times higher than a Maxell DVD+R Ritek, then it could be a sign of impending doom in the near future who knows. The only reason I stopped buying Maxell DVD+R is t hat I wanted inkjet printable DVD+Rs and the only thing available to me in my area right now are the RIDATA DVD+R…The Maxell DVD+R printable are pretty damn expensive and the quality of the printable surface is CRAP, while the one on my RIDATA is real good.

Now here is the question to you experts :slight_smile: Now Ritek is pushing their RIDATA +R media on their site as having very low BLER, resistent to UV and longevity…Now aren’t there rules for businesses out there ? Those you can read on the USA website, isn’t this an FTC violation of some sort ? Does anybody have ANY sort of recourse against RITEK if their meida goes bad after 2 months ? Maybe not, as Ritek’s own brand, RIDATA offer ZERO days of waranty…HOWEVER…The problem is that Ritek advertised those as the following (taken directly from their website)

• Durable, long lasting archives
• Excellent performance
• Storage acceleration tests guarantee safe storage for more than 30 years
• Compatible with most leading readers and writers
• Utilizes premium organic dye that ensures stable writing with excellent quality
• Best UV resistance & heat resistance
• Read Compatible with DVD-ROM playback devices

Interesting isn’t it ?

Not a feeling anymore, now it’s a downright certitude. I’m off, have a nice monologue. :slight_smile:

Yes indeed take the easy way out of it, go ahead an ignore confrontations you bloody arse bandit - shows what a true wanker you really - You choose to ignore facts and truth that hurt your sorry little ego you ignorant tosspot - no skin off my nose mind you, I KNOW what I read and it’s funny but it seems many people also KNOW what you are up to, quaiboy is one but I’ve been contacted in PM and e-mail, just wish those peeps had balls to write about it here… Much quieter for you with the ignore and for us with your garbage, maybe you should have stayed on topic in the first place!

You are a sore bloody loser and you need to be put to place, some of us have more experience than you or your fan boys you tosser!

Sorry but I think he is right, you’ve proven to be the cunt that you are and because of your arrogant self-rightous attitude you deserve to be put to place… Now if you can’t imagine the reason why then maybe you should get a fucking life out of this forum and your stupid little media bashing you damn script kiddie, and meet some people other than your fanboys on this forum to which you engage in some arse kissing, they probably are your ONLY friends anyways.

We say it like it is, you want to ignore it, fine, but it’s been said, wanker!

Guess I should have read your warning long ago - I didn’t make much of it, but I guess you were right - should have kept out of this.

He is in Europe, so maybe he is getting marginal quality media over there, and he keeps talking about the dreaded RITEK G05, when he knows damn well I NEVER made mention of -R, I always was specific that I use +R…and the G05 he keeps mouthing about is -R media, not +R…so I really don’t see a point to his senseless rant.

As far as his agendas, it’s obvious by now he is one of those people who hijack threads and send it off topic and pushes people to the limit until they start attacking, then they go cry to the mods, until eventually they get people banned.

I know his type very well…

I think this thread should be closed…edited

I think you’re fighting an uphill battle here, Greg. Most people will not agree with you, and the more you post in anger, the more people are going to ignore you. Speaking with a loud voice is certainly a way to get noticed, but not in a good way.