Anyone order a 716A from Newegg lately?

vbimport

They have them for 114-30 MIR so I was thinking about getting one. Can anyone tell me what the TLA # is and when they purchased it ?
Thanks,

Tom

Buy.com has them for 114 with free ship and a $10 or $5 instant coupon. Check APEX for a coupon. Final cost $79 or less! :cool:

I just got mine last week from newegg and it is 0203

Some have got a 0304 from various places in the world. It will be interesting to see what I get next week from California(Buy.com).

Mine too was 0203 just couple weeks ago. Think my friend just got a 0203 today from NewEgg as well.

Thanks guys !!

Tom

This is my first PLEX! You guys have some good links to FW sites for PLEX? :cool:

www.plextor.com

the only “unofficial” Plex firmwares are the Dangerous Bros. Region-free ones. all other firmwares are official or beta directly from Plextor.

Great avatar!

thx :smiley:

I bought the 716A last weekend (Feb 6th to be exact) when New Egg had it for $112.99 + $3.50 shipping. I live on the East Coast and it was shipped from New Jersey on Feb 7th. It was a 0203 model manufactured in December 2004.

I think most of those 0304 models are coming directly from Plextor’s European Headquarters/Warehouse. Probably won’t see those stateside for another couple weeks.

TLA# 0203 @ my BB still on sale for 90 some odd US$ after rebates.

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: Holy threadjack,Batman !! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thanks again for all the info guys.

Tom

I got 716A from Newegg yesterday. TLA#0203 and Mfg.Date is Dec.2004.
Damn. But it’s DOA.

sorry to hear it was DOA…well, at least you’ve got another shot at a TLA 0304.

Okay guys so whats the difference between 0203 and 0304? Do these numbers apply to PATA drives or SATA drives or both? Lastly what does TLA stand for?

I just ordered the PATA version of this drive on Newegg today and it has a $30 MIR. I would have gotten the SATA version if I still had available slots left.

the first 2 digits are the hardware revision, the last 2 are the firmware version. applies to all drives. no idea what it actually stands for.

Holy threadjack,Batman !!

Thanks again for all the info guys.

Tom

Hey! Im here to please! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Top Level Assembly
seen in this Plextor FAQ:
http://www.plextor.com/english/support/faqs/FW00002.htm

may be G@M3FR3@K will put that in the Plextor FAQ, general question!
TIA

cool, thx mardigan. how’d you know that?

cheers for the answer…shoulda looked there first :smiley: