Anyone need brain surgery

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20071127/D8T5PFJG0.html

Rhode Island Hospital was fined $50,000 and reprimanded by the state Department of Health Monday after its third instance this year of a doctor performing brain surgery in the wrong side of a patient’s head.

:disagree:

Well… at least they performed brain surgery in the head and not in the knee! :doh:

My second most repeated phrase when my sigot is driving is “Your other right”.
My first is “For the love of god … stop, stop, stop… arrrrrrrrrgh!”

Somehow when I read about a paltry $50K fine and the phrase “seriously concerned,” I’m not convinced there’s enough concern. It doesn’t matter if 2 out of 3 patients were ok–reminds me of Jack Nicholson saying (after the Martians toasted Congress) “…you’ve still got 2 out of 3 branches and that ain’t bad!!” A $50K fine is a slap on the wrist, and at best the article didn’t report if the doctor had his/her medical license revoked or at worst it hasn’t been done yet. Can’t say I’m surprised though, as this is the “price tag” for the “universal health care” shift to HMOs and only God could help American medicine if it does make it to “universal health care.” The U.S. had one of the best health care systems before 1992 and Hillary Clinton. I remember sitting down with a doctor who enumerated every last problem with the so-called “reforms”–all of which have been disasters. Before that time, I frankly don’t remember but maybe 3 cases of malpractice as in this one; now, it’s more like 3 cases per week under this HMO farce. A man in Wichita Falls, TX went in for a completely different surgery (IIRC knee surgery), yet ended up getting castrated.

Lol … The US Health Care System is a joke …

The only thing more expensive is a government hammer … WTF? $450K for a hammer??
Don’t run with hammers … expensive injuries may occur :stuck_out_tongue:

If I only had a brain!! LOL :wink: