Anyone knows dr hank cdrs?

hi, i’m from brazil and here many people buy dr hank unbranded cdrs. we buy them for u$0.22 from paraguay, the smuggling paradise! hehe. i tried cdr identifier on these cds, and it returns no information about the disc manufacturer. very strange… then I looked for these disks using google, but it only returned me sites from paraguay and brazil. I’m starting to believe these cdrs are made in someone’s garage, or brought by UFOs. anyone knows dr hank or have some information about them?

Never heared about them…

Do CD-R identifier give you nothing? Or do it say: “Disc id not allowed” or “Unknown disc-identification code”?

If you get any information from CD-R Identifier please post it here :wink: or any numbers on the CD-R disc or something…

btw, CD-R Identifier works nice on other CD-R discs?

thanks for your response. I don’t remember what it says, I think it is “Unknown disc-identification code” but i’m not sure. I’ll try again and post here later (I can’t do this now 'cause this pc has no cd writer). oh yeah, and the CD-R Identifier works great with others discs, like this best cdr:

ATIP: 97m 28s 35f
Disc Manufacturer: Auvistar Industry Co., Ltd.
Reflective layer: Dye (Short strategy; e.g. Phthalocyanine)
Media type: CD-Recordable
Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
nominal Capacity: 702.83MB (79m 59s 74f / LBA: 359849)

just jokin :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi!

Dr. Hank discs, some time ago, (8-16x era), were Gigastorage products, but now they’ve switched to an unknown manufacturer (doesn’t look like any other disc I ever seen, looks crappy), and quality’s gone way down, I’ve seen a couple of them fail within months of use. If you’re in Brazil and looking for cheap media, Prodisc Silver 80’s are about the same price, give or take US$0.02.
Or, if you don’t care that much about quality, buy Smart Buy blues, if they’re Prodiscs like the Smart Buy silvers, they’re better than the Hanks and way cheaper.