Anyone know if BluRay back is going to be possible soon?

I looked around to see if there were already some posts to answer this question, but I didn’t have any luck.

Does anybody know if anyone is making any progress on BluRay copying?

Thanks!

[quote=kennywhite;2043600]I looked around to see if there were already some posts to answer this question, but I didn’t have any luck.

Thanks![/quote]
Right now dvdfab does not support bluray.

Does it support HD?

I must have missed seeing the fact that Blu Ray support had stopped.
When did they stop support for it?

How long ago? was there anything written.

Search is my friend but when I type HD or anything such It says something about not enough letters.

HD disc says the same thing?

So I don’t know what to search for.

[quote=snagel;2043753]Does it support HD?

I must have missed seeing the fact that Blu Ray support had stopped.
When did they stop support for it?

How long ago? was there anything written.

Search is my friend but when I type HD or anything such It says something about not enough letters.

HD disc says the same thing?

So I don’t know what to search for.[/quote]
at the moment no hd or bluray for dvdfab:sad:but hopefully soon. I have not read anywhere that says they have it but I not have HD or BluRay to try. I waiting for the prices to be cheaper like dvd’s before I upgrade. IF you need BluRay then try the third party program it has been advertised as being able to do BluRay.

In the moment no luck with BluRay & HD-DVD. But the new BD+ protection was cracked since December2007/January 2008 by another Software Developer Team. I think, it’s a question of time and DVDFab will handle BD/BD+ copys again in future.

[quote=kennywhite;2043600]I looked around to see if there were already some posts to answer this question, but I didn’t have any luck.

Thanks![/quote]

If you go to DVD Idle.com it states
<LI class=li1>[U]DVDFab HD Decrypter (Freeware)[/U] 4.1.2.0 (Mar 22, 2008) is a simple version of DVDFab Platinum. It copies entire DVD movie to hard disk, and removes all the protections (CSS, RC, RCE, APS, UOPs and Sony ARccOS) while copying. It also comes with full HD-DVD and Blu-Ray support (Removes AACS).

That is directly from the freeware version. My understanding from the very start that DVD Express went to DVDFab HD Decrypter (Freeware) that DVD Platinum and DVD Gold was also capable of both HD and BluRay.

What third party program has been advertised that you are referring to?

Well, that’s what I thought, that it was supported at the very beginning.

Somewhere I thought I had heard that there was no more HD but I cannot find where I heard or read that.

Search attempts for HD as I stated states something about not enough letters in the search… That is from this forum search…

Just wanted to have clarification. Whether than assume that it was there then be mad that it wasn’t when I did have use for it.

[QUOTE=snagel;2043796]If you go to DVD Idle.com it states

DVDFab HD Decrypter (Freeware) 4.1.2.0 (Mar 22, 2008)[/COLOR] is a simple version of DVDFab Platinum. It copies entire DVD movie to hard disk, and removes all the protections (CSS, RC, RCE, APS, UOPs and Sony ARccOS) while copying. It also comes with full HD-DVD and Blu-Ray support (Removes AACS).

That is directly from the freeware version. My understanding from the very start that DVD Express went to DVDFab HD Decrypter (Freeware) that DVD Platinum and DVD Gold was also capable of both HD and BluRay.[/QUOTE]

I believe that among the current things preventing use with HD/BD discs are: B[/B] the [U]Host Private Key[/U] that was used won’t work anymore, B[/B] the newer [U]AACS[/U] versions haven’t been tackled beyond [U]MKB v3[/U] and B[/B] [U]BD+[/U] hasn’t been tackled.

Until those issues are addressed the software can’t accomplish its goal with respect to HD/BD.

[quote=snagel;2043796]If you go to DVD Idle.com it states
<LI class=li1>[U]DVDFab HD Decrypter (Freeware)[/U] 4.1.2.0 (Mar 22, 2008) is a simple version of DVDFab Platinum. It copies entire DVD movie to hard disk, and removes all the protections (CSS, RC, RCE, APS, UOPs and Sony ARccOS) while copying. It also comes with full HD-DVD and Blu-Ray support (Removes AACS).

That is directly from the freeware version. My understanding from the very start that DVD Express went to DVDFab HD Decrypter (Freeware) that DVD Platinum and DVD Gold was also capable of both HD and BluRay.

What third party program has been advertised that you are referring to?[/quote]
Yes but unfortunately dvdfab hd decryptor is no longer able to back up those movies and the website still needs to be updated, I read this in a thread that was started, not too sure which thread anymore but maybe someone else can clarify that. Like I said I not have HD or BluRay so I not know. Also I not use the free dvdfab as I paid for platinum and in the settings section there is no spot to select in order to enable HD or BluRay support. As for the third party you need to do some searching on the forum to find it as I not mention it anymore on the dvdfab section of this forum

[QUOTE=fengtao;1700431]Hi,

As far as we know, there is no real crack for aacs on hddvd/blu-ray for now. So any product which claim to crack hddvd/blu-ray, may fail on future discs. It’s not like css on dvd, if you break it, all future discs is supported, and we can release update for 3rd protections like arccos, etc. So we will not release a commercial product which claim to do something, but cannot promise to do it.

If there is real crack for hddvd/blu-ray, we will definitely add support for it.

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]

found here
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/hd-dvd-blu-ray-support-210293/#post1700431

troy512, that was fengtao post more than a year ago. Not relevant anymore.

zaina it is relevant since at the moment dvdfab does not support HD or BluRay and people are asking if it does or why it not work for them. It just information for those who are asking. EDIT: This might also be the reason for the price increase for the new dvdfab5 on May 8 when the official version is released. But then again maybe not

there’s no real long termsolution because every time a 3rd party app works on Blu ray , they key that it uses is revoked & every new blue ray disc carries a list of previously revoked keys.

So as soon as you insert one of those discs it’s bye bye program

don’t you just love advanced copy protection!

the only real solution is a comsumer boycott of blu ray & other over -protected formats until the vendors get the message.