Anyone know how to get through Asus P5Q SE/R BIOS set up and install the OS?

vbimport

I have my rig all set to go but I’ve got one problem…I can’t get into install my 64 but Vista Ultimate OS. I have 8GB of RAM so its not a RAM issue. I can get into the BIOS set up screen but I don’t know how to get in to install my OS. It keeps asking about a Floppy drive but I only have a 52 in 1 card reader…no floppy. It wants me to use the floppy drive (that I don’t have) in order to “Make disc” whatever that is??? Anyone know what I need to do here? Should I just disable the floppy drive in set up screen? HELP PLEASE:confused:

in the BIOS make sure the 1st boot device in the boot priority section is the optical drive you are installing windows from. I usually disable the floppy too

also I’ve heard that vista has issues installing when there is 4gb or more ram, so you may need to install with 2gb then when everything is finished shut down and put the rest of the ram back in

[quote=jwill427;2125288]in the BIOS make sure the 1st boot device in the boot priority section is the optical drive you are installing windows from. I usually disable the floppy too

also I’ve heard that vista has issues installing when there is 4gb or more ram, so you may need to install with 2gb then when everything is finished shut down and put the rest of the ram back in[/quote]

:bow:…as always you are the man! I thought I needed to disable it but wasn’t positive so figured I should ask.

there’s the ram thing too but maybe they have settled that with vista