Anyone into sport bikes?

vbimport

Currently I’m without a two wheeled monster but am missing the days. Had a grsxr 600 and 1000 and a katanna 600 in reverse order. Anyone else have something they want to show off, would love to see whats out there. Stay safe and out of Mr. :cop: sights.

Well I don’t have a bike but I’ve been to a lot of races over the years.

Here’s a shot I took a while ago from the North West 200 which is an internationally famous road race here in Northern Ireland. Riders come from all over the world to compete.

Oh and welcome to the forums BTW. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Hi Wombler. That’s a really cool picture you took, thanks for showing. Would love to get on the track one of these days and really honker down on it but that’s a far distant future. Glad to be here so far:)

[QUOTE=darknezz19;2659406]Hi Wombler. That’s a really cool picture you took, thanks for showing. Would love to get on the track one of these days and really honker down on it but that’s a far distant future. Glad to be here so far:)[/QUOTE]

Thanks and glad you’re enjoying yourself here so far. :slight_smile:

That was one of the better shots as I only had a compact camera with me and it’s difficult getting decent photos as the bikes are so fast.

The fastest guys were doing 198mph at the top of that road BTW before braking coming down to a hairpin bend.

I was standing near the braking zone to try and get decent photos.

198mph is a phenomenal speed on normal public roads though.

[B]Wombler[/B]

198 on public roads:eek: that is just nanners my friend:clap: Top for me was 188 but that was on a straight highway and no one around. these dudes are at the top of their game, amazing to say the least. I’d imagine the onlookers would have to be just as on their toes with litter bikes whipping around them at those speeds.

North west 200 ?

[QUOTE=marcus_667;2659591]North west 200 ?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it takes place in the North West of Ireland and bikers come from all over the world to compete as it’s regarded as one of the top road races in the world.

Check out the official website here.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=darknezz19;2659559]198 on public roads:eek: that is just nanners my friend:clap: Top for me was 188 but that was on a straight highway and no one around. these dudes are at the top of their game, amazing to say the least. I’d imagine the onlookers would have to be just as on their toes with litter bikes whipping around them at those speeds.[/QUOTE]

It’s fantastic to watch too! :iagree:

The great thing as well is that there are loads of interesting vantage points at the starting grid, at chicanes, on the straights, coming over hills, breaking zones at roundabouts and hairpin bends etc.

Genuinely a world class event.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Guy martin what a legend :slight_smile: