Anyone into MAME?

vbimport

The Mulitple Arcade Emulator currently supporting over 3000 games? Just curious ok;) If so then maby you can help me & I can help you :slight_smile:

Greetz from The Diplomat:D

lemme guess… you’re collecting all 3000 games ? :slight_smile:

I’m into MAME m8, now how are you going to help me? :cool:

Ahh…the arcade classics!..Joust, Pac-Man, Defender. a few years ago, I started into this, but it took a lot of time and I kinda drifted away from it.

Sometimes I wish the 80’s were around just so I could play some old games…

I was into MAME until mame.dk stoped distributing games. Now i cant find any :(. If you know of a site were to get some games ill be a very happy perfon :cool:.

A site for MAME roms:

http://www.geocities.com/puppspace/mameroms.htm

Also check out Direct Connect (file-share tool). Tons of roms to find with it.
http://www.neo-modus.com

Ahhh MAME, bringing back those old sweet memories of hours and hours playing on my C64 and Atari ST2600 :wink:

And yes, MAME does support an enormous load of games!!

yeah i have about 60 games…im glad i discovered mame

Originally posted by cloakdoa
[B]Ahh…the arcade classics!..Joust, Pac-Man, Defender. a few years ago, I started into this, but it took a lot of time and I kinda drifted away from it.

Sometimes I wish the 80’s were around just so I could play some old games… [/B]

I got all 3389 games now, found a m8 with a private server on a T3 link. I had too d/l over 500meg of rom fixes for Beta 0.59. I love these games, they are arcade perfect as it uses the real roms, no emulation rubbish which isn’t true too the game. I will add that I use this for personal use only, and can’t give a link out as it would be in violation of the Rulez laid down by the Forum Manager.

Its fun being able too play Space Harrier, bubble Bobble and Mr do without having too insert 10pence every 10 mins :slight_smile: The authors behind the mame project are GOD in my eyes they have given me back some of my happy memories of the games I used too play when I was 12. thats 20yrs ago, and I still love them. I guess some nostalga is in us all, maybe more so in me?. I used too own a Spectrum, C64, various Amiga models and lots of other computers. My 1st was the Vic 20(5k of memory and a 32k expansion pack lol even owned a Vectex system and had all the games, basically the games were using the same technique for displaying the very basic graphics if that is what you can call them as the arcade game Asteroids. I thought it was great @ the time but now I can look back and think how lucky I was, as peeps of today would look @ me stupid if I told them what I used too own.
I am part of history, and prob some others on this forum :slight_smile:

I still use the C64 Emulator too play Manic Miner and the Jetset Willy Games. 16 yrs on and I still can’t complete Manic Miner;)