Anyone heard what's going on with DVDShrink?

Beta 3.0 Version 5 has been out for quite some time. Anyone heard any news?

they announced some time ago that development would stop until early october.

Thanks, where’d you see that? Any indication why? Any chance of a final release?

FYI was looking around Doom9, looks like a new beta should be showing up this month. Development hasn’t stopped, just was delayed.

i saw the announcement in the doom9 forums, and i’m pretty sure that “development would stop until ___” and “delayed” mean the same thing to most people, heh.

LOL I just skimmed your post, just saw the “development would stop”.

Yep, dvdshrink has been busy on other work for a while and we should see something new very shortly now.

You can always keep up to date by checking out the DVD Shrink forum over at digital-digest. :cool:

Speaking of DVD Shrink 3.0 beta 5…I am trying to use this via the reauthor function in order to get the whole movie plus the menus but minus the extras in order to squeeze the movie and the menus the least without the extras. Its easy enoufh to use the drag an drop function…thing is how do you get the menus (chapter selections) to interface correctly? DVD shrink just assumes each menu item is a separate chapter and plays through them until the movie starts. Is there a simple idiots guide to DVD shrink 3.0 out there anywhere?

It’s always done that. Once you start leaving stuff out then all bets are off. The menus are, as you (and the help!) say, treated as serial mini-movies.

So far as I know only InstantCopy allows you to drop title-sets while still retaining [working] menus. And even then it doesn’t always work…

This feature: main movie and chapter menu only - is something I hoped would have appeared before now. It would be a much more worthwhile feature than some of the daft requests that do get bandied about.

-Pete

Originally posted by burke55
…thing is how do you get the menus (chapter selections) to interface correctly? DVD shrink just assumes each menu item is a separate chapter and plays through them until the movie starts. Is there a simple idiots guide to DVD shrink 3.0 out there anywhere?
Re-author = no menus. I have just published some guides in the Tutorial section of this particular forum :bigsmile:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=72