Anyone having problems with SmartPack?

Anyone having problems updating the drives firmware with SmartPack?

I have made several attempts to update the firmware of an iHAS422 and iHAS324. All attempts have failed. Sometimes the firmware starts to download, and may even complete the download, but the updated firmware is never flashed to the drives.

I have tried with Windows 7 (64bit), Windows Vista (64bit), and XP (32bit). The result is always the same. The drives are never updated.
Both drives are seen by SmartPack, and the application is run with Administrator permissions.
SATA is set to AHCI mode (Intel ICH9R).

Woarks perfect for me…same drives.

No problem here as well Dee using WXP 32-bit, iHAS324 off SB700 and iHAS422 (crossflashed 865S) off SiI 3114.

Win 7 x64, did the update on the 422 fine, but refused to download BL1A for the 324, I think they changed the download location.

[QUOTE=Dee;2300297]
SATA is set to AHCI mode (Intel ICH9R).[/QUOTE]what happens if the Sata controller is set to “IDE”?

Thanks for the input.
I’ll try with SATA mode set to IDE. Although, this is not a viable solution for me as i need SATA to be in AHCI mode for other devices.

[QUOTE=jubjubbird;2300452]Win 7 x64, did the update on the 422 fine, but refused to download BL1A for the 324, I think they changed the download location.[/QUOTE]
The link has been disabled. I guess they removed the update for some reason. It was there at one time. This was in the history of my update.
http://SDTWEB.PLDSNET.COM/FwUpdate/FlashTool/BL1A_20090511111038.X

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2300901]The link has been disabled. I guess they removed the update for some reason. It was there at one time. This was in the history of my update.
http://SDTWEB.PLDSNET.COM/FwUpdate/FlashTool/BL1A_20090511111038.X[/QUOTE]Thanks James.
That explains why it won’t update. :slight_smile:
BL17 seems excellent on my drive anyway. :wink:

[QUOTE=Dee;2301048]Thanks James.
That explains why it won’t update. :slight_smile:
BL17 seems excellent on my drive anyway. ;)[/QUOTE]
works well for me too.

Perhaps the 24x firmware was pulled, because of the overspeed burning issue…