Anyone have a review for: DVD-R 16X JVC-TAIYO YUDEN WHITE INKJET HUB GLOSSY

vbimport

I was hoping someone can post a review for the DVD-R 16X JVC-TAIYO YUDEN WHITE INKJET HUB GLOSSY. They just came out. If someone can compare these towards the original Taiyo Yuden Glossy, that would be great.

I heard the JVC one is semi gloss…not a full gloss…what does that mean?

Do you have a link to where we can get these, I have not seen them out for sale yet.

I have a few of the JVC Photo Grade Waterproof White Inkjet Printable 52X CD-R and the print quality is not the greatest (using Epson R340 printer).

They do have a Matt/Glossy look and feel and they do compare and look a little better than standard white inkjet but don’t compare to Falcon’s White or Silver finished look.

[QUOTE=indianagent;2462239]I was hoping someone can post a review for the DVD-R 16X JVC-TAIYO YUDEN WHITE INKJET HUB GLOSSY. They just came out. If someone can compare these towards the original Taiyo Yuden Glossy, that would be great.

I heard the JVC one is semi gloss…not a full gloss…what does that mean?[/QUOTE]

i have some they look about as glossy as the verbatim non hub printables but they have a horrible orange peel to them to me they are not worth paying 54 cents for them … id rather pay the extra 6 and get the watershields… they are better than matte but like a golfball…i can try and take a pic if you wantwell here is the pic left is watershield right is the jvc glossy kinda reminds me of the moon…

[QUOTE=stacy532;2462481]i have some they look about as glossy as the verbatim non hub printables but they have a horrible orange peel to them to me they are not worth paying 54 cents for them … id rather pay the extra 6 and get the watershields… they are better than matte but like a golfball…i can try and take a pic if you wantwell here is the pic left is watershield right is the jvc glossy kinda reminds me of the moon…
[/QUOTE]

Wow, that’s nasty. Also looks like a real issue with the surface being beige instead of white, which will make colors look drab.

If this is what can be expected, then JVC has screwed the pooch on these.

yep i wasted some good money on them, it does not feel to the touch that the outer gloss finish has the orange peel it looks like it has two parts and white part is dimpled then sprayed with a clear top coat that the ink gets trapped in they are dry and smudge proof out of the printer:doh:

also says jvc at the bottom all over it

Thanks so much for the quick review. I have made my decision and I am going to stay away from JVC for good until they make further improvements. The fact that it also says JVC on the back is ridiculous.

I have ordered my first set of the AquaAce and I hope to expect it here tomorrow. Will see how that goes compared to the original Taiyo Yuden Glossy Watershield. Hope it turns out great.

Cheers!

Thanks stacy532,

The print looks pretty good from your picture, how do they look first hand?

I still prefer Watershield and have a few 100 left but may give them a try just to try them.

Where did you guys get them from?

the watershield is still where its at they look ok straight on but at an angle as you can see it looks like a damn golfball colors look full and rich but the surface is horrible , i got them from supermedia store for 54 a hundred pack
i think they have watershields under the same jvc name now a lil cheaper than with the ty name they should have never made these… im currently buying some stuff from inkaid.com that says its glossy and you can put it on anything that fits in a printer and print on it we shall see , by the math i should get 600 disc from the pint container if i dont waste any… im going to use this on all my movies i burnt years ago that i didnt print on previously…