Anyone have a .bin firmware for LTD-166S?

I bought a StarLogic Platinum (4 Star International) 16x DVD drive at Circuit City. It seems to be an OEM Liteon/JLMS LTD-166S . It has firmware DSG1 the drive id is “DVD-ROM DVD-16X6S” . I wanted to update to new official Liteon firmware DS0B but because the drive id was renamed the official exe won’t flash. I need to make a .bin of the firmware or for someone to send me one. I tried litefirm.exe exe to bin but it seems its only for Liteon cdrw firmwares and not dvd firmwares. If you have a bin firmware for 166S please send to n64romsusa@yahoo.com.

Do a search for Mango’s post and look under his sig for the link.

You mean his digitri.tk website ? I’ve known about that for a long time , I went there but there is no firmware at all for the 166S just for :
LTD-163
LTD-163D
Dell ltd-163
LTD-122
LTD-165h

Hi Jb,

Just got one for you now.
It’s the ds0b.bin

Haven’t tested it (don’t have the 166) but it should be fine.
I’m mailing it to you in a minute.

I’m going to make a 166 page soon, but there’s so little about it yet. Check this bin and tell us about it.

Good luck,

It worked. I reflashed the drive with the official ds0b.exe after to make sure it was flashed properly.

Hmm, I guess I shouldnt have made another thread about it (I also backed up my DS0b firmware with mtkflash), but does anyone have the original DS08 firmware? I need to test something…

I needed the firmware DS0B as well, be it in a .bin or .exe format, but i could not find it anywhere, and i tried to download from Mango’s website, what came out was ‘source file could not be read’ when i clicked the download button. So can anyone help me out, like maybe e-mail the file to me? Thanks a lot… I’d be most grateful!!!:a :bow:

I can supply the latest firmware (DS18)

My friend, i do have DS18, and this is the firmware that caused my DVD-ROM to be unable to read DVD anymore, and couldn’t read other formats correctly, and the transfer rate became slow. I need the DS0B to recover my drive, in other words, to downgrade it. Thank you for your kindness, but what i needed is DS0B.

You can get it from here: http://digi.rpc1.org/binaries.htm

dhc014,
Can you please send it to me? i can’t d/l from that web site, and i don’t know why. It said file could not be saved, unable to read from source, try again or contact server administrator. Please send it to me… :bow: Thanks.:slight_smile:

Guys, i think i know now why i can’t d/l it… Maybe it’s because the web site does not support Netscape 7. I used IE just now and i could d/l it… thanks everyone, and sorry for the troubles. :rolleyes:

My XJ-HD166S drive with DS18 reads DVD’s very well here. Maybe your drive is faulty.

Originally posted by BrotherLuc
Guys, i think i know now why i can’t d/l it… Maybe it’s because the web site does not support Netscape 7. I used IE just now and i could d/l it… thanks everyone, and sorry for the troubles. :rolleyes:

My site works perfectly well with Netscape or any other browser. However, as a part of the antileech protection, it needs to receive a referrer from the browser. This tells it that the download request came from within the page. If your Netscape was set to prevent refferers, it won’t let you download.

I’m sorry I had to resort to this, but too many sites/people were just hot-linking directly to files at my site. 99% of visitors have no problems with it, as my logs show.