Anyone had problem with CDR after A09 UG

vbimport

my dvr-109 1.17 f/w used to burn alright but after I flashed it with a09 1.40 it wont complete a cd-r burn with nero 6.6.0.6 or cdrwin 3.9K (get about 85% thru) but dvd-r works perfect :Z
mobo abit nf7-s - nforce2, Win XP, aspi 4.60

2 of us have already posted that we cant complete cdr burn, i only did to test i normally use my teac 52x

Hmm I did a few and No problemo, maybe the problem is with newer unit, hummey what version of firmware was factory installed in yours ???

1.17 out the box, but i cant mind if i tested it with cdr as i hate under 52x so i use my teac.

I only tried after 1.40 as other peep had probs, obv he could use it b4 and i cant really say anything cause i cant mind if i ever burned cdr in this 109, only had it few weeks

Im flashed to A09 now but thats not issue as others are ok and he is still 109 and same issue, i may reflash but i doubt thats prob.

BTW do i now flash with normal A09 FW and which flash tool will i now have to use.

I U/G to nero 6.6.0.12 - same if worse
tried burning CD-R 52x media @ 24x & 12x DOA&TAO nothing (buffer drops / drive stops - makes a hight pitch noise for a while - spins down - pauses - startups up - make another hight pitch noise - then _ BURN FAILED .
But it does burn CD-RW @ 24x ! no problem at all

my firmware was the 1.17

I hope its FW, i dont think i tested cdr on my “new” 109 till after i flashed to A09 1.40 and read about cdr probs here. :frowning:

No problem here, did only a few, I plan to do more this week-end, the drive was 1.05 when I purchassed it.

Go and buy a cheap Liteon CD-RW they’re at throwaway prices these days, ive only ever burned one test cdr in my 108 and one in my 109 they both worked but the quality was very poor.

Ha bought a 109 to replace a liteon dvd/cdrw
made the wrong choice then :rolleyes:

Check my thread as wel (Pioneer DVR-109 hangs during burning) - I think we are having the same problem!!

Buying a cheap lite on isnt answer, we paid for a 109 and it should work, i not even use it for cdr, i got a real nice teac combo, i had a loan lite on and there crap, noisey and didnt burn cdrw at 32x even with new Fw trying to fix, i read in forums it does fix for 650MB 32xcdrw, but who uses 650MB discs in 2005 mines are all 700MB.

Anyhow if i got cdr or cdrw to do i burn at 52x and 32x in my teac, BUT i still want my pioneer fixed or replaced.

Ha bought a 109 to replace a liteon dvd/cdrw
made the wrong choice then

Unfortunately all i can do is agree with you, i bought my 108 and now my 109 purely to burn -R not +R or CDR (never even burned a +R in any of my pioneers), Pioneer imho make the best -R burners going, if you want a good CD burner go and buy a plextor premium, if you cant afford one or justify the price of one buy a cheap Liteon, if you want a good +R burner go and buy an LG, Benq or Liteon.

Buying a cheap lite on isnt answer, we paid for a 109 and it should work

I agree that it should burn nicely to CDR but the reality is it doesnt hence the reality of needing to purchase a CD-RW

i not even use it for cdr, i got a real nice teac combo, i had a loan lite on and there crap, noisey and didnt burn cdrw at 32x even with new Fw trying to fix, i read in forums it does fix for 650MB 32xcdrw, but who uses 650MB discs in 2005 mines are all 700MB.

Anyhow if i got cdr or cdrw to do i burn at 52x and 32x in my teac, BUT i still want my pioneer fixed or replaced.

I would love nothing more than to have a single drive that is perfect at everything, but the fact is it doesnt exist, atleast not yet anyway.

WTF you smoking.

I bought 109 to replace 108 how can you compare to a cdrw drive.

You input isnt helping anyone as 109 should burn cdr even with new FW.

Plextor had their hayday 3-4 years ago with good but overpriced drives, i only use teacs and pionner for dvd.

Money isnt a issue here.

The drive will be fixed by FW or it will be replaced that the end result even if i never use it for cdr/rw, i want the option as i paid good money for it.

You input isnt helping anyone as 109 should burn cdr even with new FW.

Yeah it should but it doesnt or in my case does but poorly, so the only real solution is to go and buy a CD-RW capable of the job.

The drive will be fixed by FW or it will be replaced that the end result even if i never use it for cdr/rw, i want the option as i paid good money for it.

I agree they should get it soretd out but the fact still remains the 108/109 cant burn cd for sh*t even when it works, so again the only solution at the moment is to buy a cheap Liteon for £25 or an expensive plextor for probably double that, or a bloody TEAC or whatever else is capable of the job.

WTF you smoking.

Lets just keep it friendly yeah :slight_smile:

Open ur eyes, how many times to i need say i got a cdrw/combo better than any lite on POS that does cdr and cdrw at full pelt.

Its not the point the 109 should burn cdr.

Open ur eyes, how many times to i need say i got a cdrw/combo better than any lite on POS that does cdr and cdrw at full pelt.

When did i say you didnt? and as for saying LiteOn is a POS because you had a lend of one for a while is a pretty bold and ignorant statement.

Every post uve made in this thread is ignorent, IMO the lite on was POS ok.

Telling peeps to accept a faulty FW or writer and go and by a cdrw drive is lame.

Every post uve made in this thread is ignorent, IMO the lite on was POS ok.

Really? care to explain exactly what you feel was ignorant, perhaps the LiteOn you borrowed was a POS but to blanket LiteOn burners as Pieces of sh*t when you’ve only had a lend of one is a pretty ignorant thing to do

Telling peeps to accept a faulty FW or writer and go and by a cdrw drive is lame.

Never did i tell people to except a faulty Fw or writer, what i said was it is wrong of pioneer to have done this but the only solution at the moment is to buy a seperate CD-RW if you want decent burns.

Ok you’ve stated ur pioneer does cdr so why not STFU now ?

You stirring it in here?

The only one ‘stirring’ anything is you, you obviously lack the capacity to ‘keep it friendly’, your comments are uneeded unwanted and uncalled for.