Anyone ever seen MKM002?

vbimport

I know this is a noob question but I always see this supported in firmwares & MKM004 in the 7200…
The reason I am asking because it might be better to strat swap MKM002 with MKM001 instead of MKM003 for the 8x write because it is closer in #'s.

I don’t know just a thought. I strat swap MKM001 with MKM003 with good results but maybe I should try MKM002.

Has anyone seen this media or is the code just there in MCSE so we can use it as a strat swap??

MKM 002 doesn’t exist.
The code is not in MCSE, but it is in the firmware. Some drive manufacturers who have extra space left in their fw just put in some weird codes (example: MCC 005) to be able to support “future” products, lol. like NEC 3500 supporting stuff like RITEKG09 that didnt even exist.

[QUOTE=kg_evilboy;2025007]MKM 002 doesn’t exist.
The code is not in MCSE, but it is in the firmware. Some drive manufacturers who have extra space left in their fw just put in some weird codes (example: MCC 005) to be able to support “future” products, lol. like [B]NEC 3500 supporting stuff like RITEKG09[/B] that didnt even exist.[/QUOTE]

LOOL, that would be the greatest degradation disc!!! LOL

So would MKM002 have the same writing strategy as MKM001 & MKM003??

Yay most likely.