Anyone ever imported That's media from Greece

vbimport

[LEFT]I wondered if anyone here managed to find a webshop in Greece that is willing to ship DVDs abroad.

I found some shop links on the Disc Impex site (http://www.diskimpex.gr/ty_athens.htm) where they sell some nice stuff (That’s branded TYG02 for instance) but I have no clue if some of these shops will send their goodies outside of Greece.

[/LEFT]

If I only knew about this site a few years ago when I was in Volos…

Just to add 2 more site’s e-shop & plaisio, but i honestly don’t think that they sell anything outside Greece (i never asked them).

If I’m right kg_evilboy got some disc’s out of Greece.

I managed to place an order on cdmarket.gr. I could choose my country as a shipping destination (Netherlands) and even a shipping method (personal delivery by cdmarket for 4 euros or delivery by Greece Post for 8 euros). There was no way to make an immediate payment, so I guess I’ll just have to wait for them to e-mail me.

I think it wont work though, since the shipping methods mentioned (especially the 1st one) don’t reflect the destination country I choose…

Dear sir,

Hello and thanks for your interest in our store and our products. I inform you that unfortunately we do not ship outside of Greece.

Best Regards.

CD Market

:frowning:

I don’t know where you are but http://www.dvdshoponline.co.uk/ stock That’s discs. I have never used them though and I don’t know if the will deliver to outside the UK.

Wouldn’t it cost less buying MCC004 from your country than buying That’s media from Greece and having them shipped to you?

They only have That’s CDs, not DVDs

No, it wouldn’t. And would you say MCC004 is as reliable as TYG02 then?

No, it wouldn’t. And would you say MCC004 is as reliable as TYG02 then?

If it’s not made in China, yes.

Out of curiosity, how much does MCC004 cost in your country?

[QUOTE=dakhaas;2083067]If I’m right kg_evilboy got some disc’s out of Greece.[/QUOTE]These were personal imports though, no official sales or stuff like that.

So if you, say, have a friend who’s going to visit Greece soon, that could be one of the few reasonable ways to do that :slight_smile:
You might also try contacting Disc Impex directly. Very friendly contact :iagree:

I personally would rate MCC004 higher as TYG02.
Pro’s: Beter playback compatability, less scratch sensitive, beter bonding in most cases. More consistant (good) test results for stability.

Cons: Less good initial quality scans.

[QUOTE=dakhaas;2088239]I personally would rate MCC004 higher as TYG02.
Pro’s: Beter playback compatability, less scratch sensitive, beter bonding in most cases. More consistant (good) test results for stability.

Cons: Less good initial quality scans.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

I didn’t had any bonding issues with my TYG02, maybe because they were That’s branded, but they have reading issues with some drives.
That’s enough for me to avoid them, no matter what people say.

So if you, say, have a friend who’s going to visit Greece soon, that could be one of the few reasonable ways to do that

Or visit Greece yourself. :slight_smile:

By the way, zivija is in Greece, so we should expect some scans of Taiyo Yuden, and not only, media during next week. :smiley:

About the ways to ship That’s or Diskimpex media out of Greece, if Diskimpex won’t ship, maybe we could figure a descent way how someone visiting Greece, or maybe a Greek, could send big amount of media to some cdfreaks in the rest of Europe.