Anyone else not notice an actual increase in speed with multi-core support?

vbimport

Just wondering if anyone else out there is still finishing a “mobile” video at about the same time as before the multi-core processor support.

I’m still finishing at about the exact same time.

Platform: Windows XP Home SP3 32bit
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz

[quote=SmartSped;2189153]Just wondering if anyone else out there is still finishing a “mobile” video at about the same time as before the multi-core processor support.

I’m still finishing at about the exact same time.

Platform: Windows XP Home SP3 32bit
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz[/quote]
Not sure what you are trying to ask but I have that Processor course it is on my vista ultimate rig. anyway using the PSP profile it runs at 75fps and ends around 78fps

I have noticed an increase by maybe 10-15 minutes

Previous Platform: Windows xp home sp3 32 bit
Processor: amd 1.8 Ghz with 2 Gb ram

Current Platform: Vista Ultimate SP1 32 bit
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.16 Ghz with 4 Gb ram

way to many other variables to attribute my speed gain to just my processor though.

Absolutely, I just built a new Quad Core 9550 system with Vista 64bit and the differences are truely great. Now I can rip a full 7 gbs movie to DVD5 in about [B]9 minutes[/B]. It took me [B]12 minutes[/B] with my old system ( AMD Operton 185 Dual Core.)

I know what you are talking about “SmartSped”.
Not only have I NOT had an increase in speed (in the default settings for “generic” mobile conversion with a quad-core machine), but my fps actually went down.
I was getting 70 to 80 fps with version DVDFab 5.1.something and am now gettting about 55 fps with the 5.2.2.2 version that promises up to 100% speed increase with a multi-core system.

I am running Vista Home Premium on a Quad Core Intel 9300 chip
I get the same results for both DVDFab memory settings of “Auto” and “Max”.
I have also verified that all 4 cores are set to work (in the task manager) for DVDFab.