Anyone else having this problem

vbimport

For the last several updates, I’ve been having a problem with the source disc being copied ejecting when it reaches 99%.

Have to reboot the computer to start over.

Sometimes cleaning the disc works other times I have to copy another disc and come back to the one that didn’t work.

what brand disc are you using and what speed. you have to use a good quality brand and make sure it is the right speed. but what I do is save it to the hard drive and then use Imgburn to burn it to the disc. try that and see if that works for you

The source disc is the one having the problem. Not the blank disc being burned to.

[QUOTE=packratt;2778309]For the last several updates, I’ve been having a problem with the source disc being copied ejecting when it reaches 99%.

Have to reboot the computer to start over.

Sometimes cleaning the disc works other times I have to copy another disc and come back to the one that didn’t work.[/QUOTE]
How would one expect others to know since there is no details what the disc is or what burner you have that anyone can be off any help. If somethings gets to 99% is most likely is media failure.

DVD drive/burner is a TSSTcorp DVD±RW SU-208CB SCSI CDrom device.

The reach 99% and eject source disc has occurred with numerous different source discs. As I stated, usually cleaning the disc will alleviate the problem although some times a different disc must be copied before the one acting up works. Movies which have been copied when the problem have worked fine when the DVDfab processes 100% of the disc without issue.

I am trying to determine if anyone else is having this problem because then it would be a software issue. If no one else is having a problem with the copy reaching 99% and ejecting then I know it is a hardware issue and I need to replace the drive.

Packratt, how old is the drive? the drive heads could be just a little out of line. this could cause the problem. I ass-u-me you only have the one drive. I would suggest that if possible you take a Disc that is giving you a problem and try it out on a different drive. altho a new drive is so cheap any more just buy a new one and then use the old one as a reader.
Just a suggestion

Marty

It’s probably 4 years old now. Guess it’s time for another.

If you have a brand new disc, you can play it in the old player. see if it plays ok, if not then you can say for sure that it is the player

It plays fine and when it on the occasions when it successfully reads the disc it burns fine.

Any suggestions for a good laptop drive?