Anyone Else having Problems Playing Yahoo Licensed Music?

vbimport

The last 12 hours or so (as of Sunday morning, EST) I have not been able to play any dl’d music from Yahoo Unlimited Music service. Whan attempting to play a licensed music file, a pop-up box saying “license acquisition” appears, but fails to connect to drm.launch.yahoo.com. I have no problems streaming and dl’ing music from Yahoo’s Music Engine, though. I have had no problems for the two days I’ve been a member prior to this, Is this a problem on Yahoo’s end or mine. I have not found any chatter on the net on this matter, so I fear it may be on my end.

I haven’t had that problem, but if I use Yahoo Music and try to look at the songs contained in a particular album, Yahoo Music freezes up and the only thing I can do is kill the process and start again…OK, this is 1.0beta, but that’s still pretty bad for a major rollout like this…

There have been scattered reports about this. Yahoo is still in beta. I’d first try again in a few hours and see what happens. You could also copy your DRM directory under Documents and Settings/All Users to somewhere else and let a new one be created and see if it works then (sometimes DRM licenses get corrupted). If it works, your old DRM directory was probably messed up. If it still doesn’t, contact Yahoo customer service.

[QUOTE=jojobah;988279]The last 12 hours or so (as of Sunday morning, EST) I have not been able to play any dl’d music from Yahoo Unlimited Music service. Whan attempting to play a licensed music file, a pop-up box saying “license acquisition” appears, but fails to connect to drm.launch.yahoo.com. I have no problems streaming and dl’ing music from Yahoo’s Music Engine, though. I have had no problems for the two days I’ve been a member prior to this, Is this a problem on Yahoo’s end or mine. I have not found any chatter on the net on this matter, so I fear it may be on my end.[/QUOTE]

I have been having the exact same problem. I purchased my music from Yahoo music jukebox and ever since that site closed I have been unable to play any songs that I purchased from them… I get the exact same message
"license aquisition" with the drm.launch.yahoo.com. Yahoo music jukebox closed over a year ago. I have found no solution to this problem. I will let you know if I find one. Please let me know if you do.