Anyone able to backup HITCH?

I just got this movie today and am having trouble backing it up (in DVDShrink). Has anyone backed it up yet, and if so, what did you use? I am hoping it isn’t a new protection…

Yes… Backed It Up Just Now Using Clonedvd2 And Anydvd… Both The Latest Versions… Worked With Ease, No Problems. Download Both Trial Versions For 21 Days, They Should Do The Trick And Convince U To Buy The Programs For Good.

No luck here either ! data error at about 80% using latest version of any dvd and clone dvd2

No problem using latest versions of CloneDVD and AnyDVD Region 1.

I think both you guys (gals) got defective originals.

I also had no problem making a backup using the latest versions of CloneDVD and AnyDVD. :iagree:

I also had no problem backing up with the latest versions of CloneDVD and AnyDVD

No luck here either ! data error at about 80% using latest version of any dvd and clone dvd2

As stated by Olli:
Never say this, ALWAYS quote version numbers. Sometimes there are preview/beta versions which fix your problem, or you simply are not aware that a new version is released.

Note: All opinions expressed in this post are my personal opinion and do not represent Elaborate Bytes AG, Revilo AG, or anyone else. I am here privately to have fun. Nothing else.

So, if you post the “latest” version number you may get more help. Like AnyDVD 5.2.3.1 etc.

Regards,:slight_smile:

I had a problem with any dvd 5.1.1.1 and clone dvd 2.8.0.2 but then i stepped back and used dvd decrypter and dvd shrink(it uses nero to burn) even burned another copy (with the files left by shrink) in clone dvd.

sometimes advice is simply wasted isnt it.

hmppphhhh.

they arent the latest versions olli and others always say use the latest versions new protection etc comes out and stay upto date

your using any dvd 5.1.1.1 the latest is 5.2.4.2

your using clone dvd 2.8.0.2 the latest is 2.8.3.3

then you complain it has problems with discs they know and update it to get past.

get the latest versions then come back and repost.

Back up Hitch.With clone Dvd And Any dvd,Latest Ver. with no problems. :iagree:

Tried to back up yesterday and data error at 2%. Im using clonedvd2 and anydvd. Slowed down the burner still wont copy. Im gonna try updating my programs.

There is “sumthin fishy bout” Hitch. I could not copy it with DVD Shrink 3.2 alone, but when I installed AnyDVD 5.2.4.2, DVD Shrink 3.2 copied the disk fine.

Does AnyDVD report any protections?

I have problems with any TRISTAR FILMS dvd in my pc, BUT no problem in my home dvd recorder. All I have to do is start recording then start the dvd (throught the coax) and no more protection error… Also Thanks to Ma Jie I now have DVD decryptor 5.? and no problems there. But you will need a dvd shrinker no help on that topic yet…

My friend bought this yesterday, and given all this dialog, I decided to test it today. No - although I like many of Will Smith’s movies, this isn’t one of his titles I was interested in.
R1 “Hitch” appears to have 9 areas where DVDDeCryptor detects structure protection - presumedly part of Sony’s newest attempts at copy protection by dumping defective dvd’s on their customers. The latest (and last?) DVDDeCryptor didn’t appear to have any problems ripping the disc. No - I have not tried to shrink or burn a copy, so I don’t know if some other problem/issue would appear in that process.

Using Any DVD 5.2.4.2 and Shrink 3.2.0.15, I was able to back up my copy of HITCH without a problem.

I had troubles using CloneDVD2 2.8.3.3 and AnyDVD 5.2.4.2 in using one of my computer dvd players. Mine would only get to 44% and stop in clone dvd using my first dvd player. However, I put it down in my second dvd player and it backed up okay. I haven’t watched it yet to make sure there are no skips but as far as going through the process there were no problems. So it may just be that some dvd players won’t work with it. Hope this helps.

Does AnyDVD report any protections?

No, any dvd seems to find and take care of things fine.

What does the AnyDVD info window say?