AnyDVD

vbimport

SlySoft, Inc. announces AnyDVD, a tool which transparently removes CSS, Region Codes, User Prohibitions from your system, and is a fine add-on to CloneDVD, DVD2One, Instant Copy, etc.

Source: PC-WELT (sorry, text is in german)

http://www.pcwelt.de/news/software/32240/

Have fun,

Olli

how the hell do you download it :slight_smile:

ah right you don’t its not out yet sigh

can you tell me how much it is going to cost? and when are you cough sorry ahem SlySoft releasing it?

oh and will it work on RPC2 drives to make them appear RPC1 as my dad has a Toshiba Notebook that there is no region patched firmware out for, and DVD RegionFree doesn’t work on it either and I have to burn him copies so he can watch them :frowning:

[soapbox] he bought the Notebook abroad and it is locked at R1, very clever having a portable that is locked to one region (what arsehole thought that one up) [/soapbox]

For those of us who cant read german when is it due out…
and is it freeware or what,

It always amazes me how lazy people can be when the task is so easy. AltaVista is your friend, you lazy bastards.

nyDVD: Cleveres Tool cracks each DVD copy protection in real time Already some weeks ago Elby CloneDVD published. CloneDVD can copy like most commercial programs for copyright reasons, available in Germany, only non-copy-protected DVD films. From the majority in the trade available DVD films thus no backup copies can be provided. Professionals make do with the Freeware “DVD Decrypter”. The Tool is practical, however that takes some to ribs up of the DVD films at time and needs at the same time much storage location on the non removable disk. In addition, it goes many more simply than with a Ripper - with the Tool “AnyDVD” appearing soon.

www.slysoft.com doesn’t resolve yet…or is there a different country ending for Antigua?
hee…hope the sheep can lay down with the fox without complications (wink/nudge…)!
For translation just plug the addy:
http://www.pcwelt.de/news/software/32240/
into:
http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en
Not perfect, but readable…

This looks great, and space/time saving to boot.
I’m looking forward to this one, and hope folks ‘keep their distance’ appropriately.

Good stuff…really innovative.

err … don’t you think I already used Babelfish to translate it,

I think Stoner (and I) were answering dallshead…
As for your notebook question, my guess is that it would address that little ‘difficulty’ of your dad’s.
This thing looks really interesting–a whole new approach and ripping-workaround.
Hope it and it’s crack is out soon [just kiddin’…!]

I think Stoner (and I) were answering dallshead…

ah ok :slight_smile:

I was in touch with fengtao (DVD RegionFree) for months going through lots of betas trying to sort the Matshita Drive out, never could get it working, never did buy it as it was of no use to me, so here’s hoping the AnyDVD soft will do the job (not very optimistic though) :frowning:

still I must have this for my own personal use ASAP :slight_smile: even if it doesn’t work for my Dad (will I have to register it twice if it does) :wink: I would like to know if it can be used in conjunction with PowerDVD etc. to allow Playback? (c’mon beta testers)

don’t know about the whole new approach thing though, it just sounds similar to what DVD RegionFree does,

but I suppose it hasen’t been used on Ripping Soft before,

>so here’s hoping the AnyDVD soft will do the job (not very
>optimistic though)

tch tch, ye of little faith

>it just sounds similar to what DVD RegionFree does

uh uh

>but I suppose it hasen’t been used on Ripping Soft before,

surely you jest

surely you jest

Hey…share some more info with us (or is that Avatar just coincidental?).
A little history for this app would be nice…
and other intents.

Whaddayawannaknow?

Hi,

> I was in touch with fengtao (DVD RegionFree) for months going through lots of betas trying to sort the Matshita Drive out, never could get it working, never did buy it as it was of no use to me, <

I don’t want to critisize collegues, but DVD Region free and DVD Idle are “broken by design”. They do application specific patches in user mode, and this can’t work reliably without updating the product for various player software incarnations.

> so here’s hoping the AnyDVD soft will do the job (not very optimistic though) :frowning: <

Chances are very good!

> still I must have this for my own personal use ASAP :slight_smile: even if it doesn’t work for my Dad (will I have to register it twice if it does) :wink: <

It will work for your Dad.

> I would like to know if it can be used in conjunction with PowerDVD etc. to allow Playback? (c’mon beta testers) <

Sure, otherwise it would be pretty pointless! :slight_smile:

> don’t know about the whole new approach thing though, it just sounds similar to what DVD RegionFree does,

but I suppose it hasen’t been used on Ripping Soft before <

It works technically similar to DVDRegionKiller (a kernel mode filter driver for 2k/XP), but will filter CSS, and it will work with RPC2 drives (greetings to your Dad). Filtering is done in a “Microsoft approved” way, transparent to the OS and all applications. So it will work with any DVD, any application, any player software.

So it will work with any DVD, any application, any player software.

now thats my kind of reply :slight_smile:

cheers and beers to everyone involved with this software!

>but I suppose it hasen’t been used on Ripping Soft before,

Surely you jest!

what I meant was as a systray app, to take the protection out of everything for every app for everyone.

For those who can not read german;

it removes the protection realtime (from the tray)
…and allows to skip the fbi parts and other warnings
removes also the region protection

couldn’t find anything about the release date

and it is illegal for use in germany

it’s now available :wink:

http://www.slysoft.com

-> http://www.slysoft.com/download/SetupAnyDVD.exe

Is there a mirror site for this d/l? The links above are dead…

Originally posted by jhmac
Is there a mirror site for this d/l? The links above are dead…

http://213.239.193.73

thank you

lol…they point to this forum

If the guys of Slysoft are reading this: We’re open for an office tour, we have never been to the Caribbean before :wink:

We already missed the launch of CloneDVD on a tropical Island :stuck_out_tongue:

i volenteer to caryy your bags…lol