AnyDVD

I hope someone can assist me. I have the trial version of AnyDvd. When I put a dvd in it tells me it’s scanning, then a window pops up asking me what I want to oipen with. Is this normal and if so what do I do next. and how do I copy? Thanks
Ron

Hi :slight_smile:
The 1st popup “AnyDVD is scanning” is normal.
The 2nd is probably windows asking, in effect do you want to use WMP or PowerDVD etc.
To prevent this 2nd one, just disable autoplay in Windows.

zebadee

Could you please help me disable that and assist me on what to do after that. Thank you
Ron

In windows go Start menu > Control panel > Autoplay.
You should find the disable bit there.
You can disable for DVD Video only or Audio CD only. Even disable Autoplay entirely.
Which is what I’ve done.

To actually backup a DVD, it would be best to use something like CloneDVD2.
There are of course other programs around.
Some free.
It depends on what you want.
i.e. One click all-in-one like DVDFab Platinum.
Or the seperate approach DVDShrink + ImgBurn.

It’s best not to use another decrypter with AnyDVD.

[quote=mckaskle;1950791]I hope someone can assist me. I have the trial version of AnyDvd. When I put a dvd in it tells me it’s scanning, then a window pops up asking me what I want to oipen with. Is this normal and if so what do I do next. and how do I copy? Thanks
Ron[/quote]
AnyDVD is just a decrypter that runs in the background, you need a software like CloneDVD2 to actually backup your disc.:iagree:

Thanks alan1476. I guess I didn’t undertand the system. I have the trial version. Is there one that does both or is that asking to much. Thanks again for your help
Ron

[quote=mckaskle;1951320]Thanks alan1476. I guess I didn’t undertand the system. I have the trial version. Is there one that does both or is that asking to much. Thanks again for your help
Ron[/quote]
Yoiu can get the trial of AnyDVD and the Trial of CloneDVD2 from the same site.
http://www.slysoft.com/en/

[quote=mckaskle;1951320]Thanks alan1476. I guess I didn’t undertand the system. I have the trial version. Is there one that does both or is that asking to much. Thanks again for your help
Ron[/quote] If you decide to buy it, they have a coupon sale now until the end of the year.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/1950420-post7.html

in the box ‘Coupon / Promotion Code’ at the bottom of the check-out form. Please note that this coupon is only valid until December, 31st 2007!

[QUOTE=linx05;1951161]It’s best not to use another decrypter with AnyDVD.[/QUOTE]

Any specific reason? Cos I intend to use DVD Decrypter with AnyDVD rather than CloneDVD

[QUOTE=metal06;1956420]Any specific reason? Cos I intend to use DVD Decrypter with AnyDVD rather than CloneDVD[/QUOTE]

The way DVD’s are being made now days it is suggested to use CloneDVD2. I personally would dump DVD Decrypter and get imgburn as it is better than DVDD if you are going to do only dual layers.

But Imgburn cannot decrypt. Or, do you mean we can simply drag and drop the files from the DVD to HDD with AnyDVD running in the background?

[QUOTE=metal06;1956831]But Imgburn cannot decrypt. Or, do you mean we can simply drag and drop the files from the DVD to HDD with AnyDVD running in the background?[/QUOTE]

Go back and read post #7 by alan he did give a good explanation of what Anydvd functions are and what it does…