AnyDVD - With IMGBurn (seamless)

I have a couple questions here about AnyDVD and IMGburn. One reason I am thinking about getting AnyDVD is for dual layer burns. With IMGBurn and AnyDVD u can simply use read mode and make a direct 1:1 ISO. However, my players supports IMGburn’s seamless layer playback.

My Question is, is there a way to set it up so the ISO I create will have the seamless playback feature on it? The only time it asks is when you are building an image.

Thanks.

If you enable AnyDVD and successfully use ImgBurn to read the disc and make an ISO, then the layer break will exactly match that of the original disc.

To retain that same setting when recording the ISO image back to dual layer discs, use ImgBurn in ‘write’ mode rather than ‘build’ mode.

I did this with a new release today. AnyDVD successfully allowed IMGBurn to read the movie and make a full ISO. It did keep the exact same layer break.

However, in doing this I do not have the option of selecting seamless layer break as you can do when building the image.

I tried something earlier and I believe it failed, but it was a good idea. What I did was ran AnyDVD and opened IMGBurn. I opened IMGBurn in build mode and selected the movie directly from the E:Drive in my computer. Everything worked great (I set the layer break and made it seamless) and created an ISO directly from the disc. However, when I went to burn the image back to a dual layer disc the video was jumbled and did not work properly. I burnt it with a BenQ 1620.

Has anyone else tried using AnyDVD and IMGBurn build mode directly from the original disc? I would love to be able to do this method but the first did not work successfully.

You will need to rip it first if you want to do seamless layer break. Use the AnyDVD Ripper to rip it to your hard drive as a folder, then use ImgBurn build mode to write it out.

[QUOTE=SamuriHL;1921750]You will need to rip it first if you want to do seamless layer break. Use the AnyDVD Ripper to rip it to your hard drive as a folder, then use ImgBurn build mode to write it out.[/QUOTE]

Darn. There is no way to avoid this? It is not possible to build an ISO by using the original VIDEO_TS file by selecting my computer and whichever drive the original disc is in?

If not, then AnyDVD is useless to me, and I will simply use DVDFab HD Decrypter.

Is there away to use IMGburn’s read mode and still set the layer break as seamless? That is the main reason I wanted to use AnyDVD as it would allow me to make a direct 1:1 ISO without ripping to harddisk, but my dvd player supports seamless layer playback and would like to use this advantage.

Thanks

[quote=BoSox2882;1921757]Darn. There is no way to avoid this? It is not possible to build an ISO by using the original VIDEO_TS file by selecting my computer and whichever drive the original disc is in?

If not, then AnyDVD is useless to me, and I will simply use DVDFab HD Decrypter.

Is there away to use IMGburn’s read mode and still set the layer break as seamless? That is the main reason I wanted to use AnyDVD as it would allow me to make a direct 1:1 ISO without ripping to harddisk, but my dvd player supports seamless layer playback and would like to use this advantage.

Thanks[/quote]
There is a very easy way to do what you want. Don’t use the MDS file that gets created. Use the ISO file when writing. The MDS file is what stores the LB information. By using just the ISO, you can then specify a new LB and use seamless. Does this solve your problem?

[QUOTE=SamuriHL;1921758]There is a very easy way to do what you want. Don’t use the MDS file that gets created. Use the ISO file when writing. The MDS file is what stores the LB information. By using just the ISO, you can then specify a new LB and use seamless. Does this solve your problem?[/QUOTE]

This is a very good idea. However, When I try to write by clicking just the ISO it forces me to pick the MDS.

When I use build and click “Select file” and then select just the ISO it tells me the ISO exceeds the ISO9660 limit?

[quote=BoSox2882;1921782]This is a very good idea. However, When I try to write by clicking just the ISO it forces me to pick the MDS.

When I use build and click “Select file” and then select just the ISO it tells me the ISO exceeds the ISO9660 limit?[/quote]
hehe. It’s ok. Just rename or delete the MDS. :slight_smile: Then when you select write ISO, it’ll just use the ISO. Build mode is not going to work for that at all.

Oh ok, that does sound like it will work. I accidentally deleted the ISO I was using, I will try and do it again and try this method. It does sound like it will work. If I can’t try it tonight I will try it tomorrow.

Thank You VERY much for the help man.

You’re very welcome. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

I used Read mode and allowed it to make the ISO. I then deleted the MDS file. I then clicked on the now lonely ISO and it comes up like normal. However, I dont have any dual layer media left.

I will try to pick some up tomorrow. Even though the MDS file is gone, I used IMGBurn to check the layer break info of the ISO and it still says layer break, as the original.

So in theory it should, without the MDS file, make me re-set the layer break and allow to click seamless, before I can continue and make the burn?

Again thanks, I will try and pick up some Verb DL’s tomorrow.

I certainly hope so. :slight_smile: As far as I understood it, ImgBurn stores the LB information in the MDS. Without that file, the ISO will need you to set a new LB when burning. I’ve never tried this myself, so I don’t know 100% that it works, but, it SHOULD. I always use the original LB when burning DL media from an image. In any case, give it a shot and see what happens. If that doesn’t work there are other suggestions I have that probably will.

I haven’t been able to get any dual layer media, is there anyway you could check this on your comp? Don’t burn just see without the MDS file if it will allow you to re-select layer break and such.

I believe this can only be done in build mode, with ISO9660 selected it says file to big.

I do want to use the original layer break, but I love the “seamless” playback feature.

Once again, you CAN NOT use build mode to burn an ISO. It will try to burn the ISO file as a file and not burn it as an image. You MUST burn it with write mode. I can’t try this right now as I also have no DL media in the house at the moment. I’ve been waiting for a sale to replace them. However, you absolutely MUST use write mode. Build mode is for building a new image, not burning an existing one.

Oh ok. Well I will try and get some media’s tonight.

I’m hopeful that it’ll work for you. If I had some DL media I’d definitely try it out for you. But, there’s no reason it shouldn’t work.

I think you are right SamuirHL, it should work, maybe LUK will chime in here. He sometimes responds to posts involving his program.:iagree:

[QUOTE=BoSox2882;1922072]I haven’t been able to get any dual layer media, is there anyway you could check this on your comp? Don’t burn just see without the MDS file if it will allow you to re-select layer break and such.

I believe this can only be done in build mode, with ISO9660 selected it says file to big.

I do want to use the original layer break, but I love the “seamless” playback feature.[/QUOTE]

To burn a DL seamless he has it correct. You do it like this below:

Use Read mode and allow it to make a ISO. Then deleted the MDS file. Then put IMGBurn in WRITE mode and load the ISO. Even though the MDS file is gone, If you want you can use IMGBurn to check the layer break info of the ISO and it will tell you the original layer break info as the original movie has. Before you can burn the Layer Break Info box will pop up. Click on the original layer break 1x in the box then click seamless down on the bottom right and enjoy seamless. Have fun in DL land. Only use AnyDVD as a decrypter, You don’t need it to rip for seamless etc.

Awesome. BIG thanks to Samurai and thank you GreenGiant.

There are certain movies I like to make 1:1 copies for storage reasons, and AnyDVD and IMGBurn’s “read” mode is simply AWESOME.

Thank You.

[QUOTE=BoSox2882;1922535]Awesome. BIG thanks to Samurai and thank you GreenGiant.

There are certain movies I like to make 1:1 copies for storage reasons, and AnyDVD and IMGBurn’s “read” mode is simply AWESOME.

Thank You.[/QUOTE]

You got it my friend, Enjoy DL thats all i do 99.9% of the time. I hope your Nic means Boston Redsox!, They kicked azz. Have phun in DL land. Say hello to Lynn Lynn the city of sin. :cool: