AnyDVD vs DVDIdle Pro

vbimport

I know this is a loaded question (perhaps) but what are the differences/preferences between AnyDVD and DVDIdle Pro?

I have search the forum but no concise question/answer was found.

Thanks.

As far as I am concerned there is only one answer AnyDVD is better and the reasons are far too many to list.

AnyDVD will remove the protection on DVD videos so that they can be ripped/copied. It also removes any region code protection.

DVDIdle Pro removes region coding and caches the DVD so extending the life of the DVD-ROM/Burner. It does not remove all the protections as AnyDVD does.

This link gives more detail about DVDIdle.

Ditto , Copy that !

…and this , and back-up this one too !

:bow: AnyDVD RULES !!!

:iagree: the ultimate

Okay… okay… :slight_smile: Thanks so much for your enthusiasms. It doesn’t take a genuis to be put in my right spot. I appreciate your advice. Cheers Shannon, Tim and Alan.

Small tangent: Tim, when you state "“It also removes any region code protection”, what about the DVD firmware? I use both NEC 3520 (2.U4) and 3540 (1.W8), Liggy & Dees firmware with RCC and RPC removed. How, if in any way, does that work/coordinate(?) with AnyDVD?

(To be truthful, Liggy & Dee have these firmwares available (and they work), but I’m still confused as to which one to use and why/when/where… all I know is these I mentioned work quite well.)

I don’t really think your firmware should be a concern at all
[b]

The Back-up produced with AnyDVD[/b]
is completely Region Free

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 5.9.4.1)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2254400 sectors (4403 MBytes)
Video DVD (or CD) label: CRY_WOLF
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.
RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

This back-up of CRY_WOLF was put through the AnyDVD"RIPPER"
to correct all “Found Invalid VOBUs!”.
Producing a perfect copy , with all “Unreferenced” material
properly restructured .

:iagree: For the newer encryption schemes AnyDVD is the one .

Hi Shannon, nice to see you here. You have become an asset all over the web. How does it feel to go from moderator to Rookie. For all of you reading this Shannon is extremely knowledgeable, just a good example of a “Rookie” with alot of knowledge.