AnyDVD vs DVDFab Passkey

It looks like AnyDVD is DVDFab?? What is the difference between AnyDVD and DVDFab?

I look for AnyDVD at Google, and if I type AnyDVD in Google and hit Search I get this ad on the right that says DVDFab Passkey. Is this the same product? Why does it show up when I look for AnyDVD? I don’t understand :confused::confused:

Welcome frecfreaks , Since you just joined you didn’t know that these two are not discussed together in a subforum . So a moderator needs to move this to the Movie copy software section or whatever location they think best.

[QUOTE=frecfreaks;2545133] It looks like Any DVD is DVDFab?? [/QUOTE]
No completely different software.

[QUOTE=frecfreaks;2545133]
What is the difference between Any DVD and DVDFab? [/QUOTE]
Too many to name.

[QUOTE=frecfreaks;2545133]
DVDFab Passkey. Is this the same product? Why does it show up when I look for Any DVD? [/QUOTE]
These two are similar . I haven’t used Passkey because I have AnyDVD. So I don’t know if it rips like Any DVD does. The main function of both is to decrypt. Passkey is still beta & free for now.So I would suggest giving it a try.
You might also try the full DVDFab software as it also burns to DVD disc.

[QUOTE=frecfreaks;2545133]It looks like Any DVD is DVDFab?? What is the difference between Any DVD and DVDFab?

I look for Any DVD at Google, and if I type Any DVD in Google and hit Search I get this ad on the right that says DVDFab Passkey. Is this the same product? [B]Why does it show up when I look for Any DVD?[/B] I don’t understand :confused::confused:[/QUOTE]

Hi frecfreaks

Welcome to Club MyCE :flower:

Good question :iagree: as you know Google does a lots of advertising which creats revenue for them and their search engine will show many products that are similar in various ways, both products are similar in a small way(both work on the fly to decrypt copy protection) but are products from different authers.

When I type AnyDVD in Google, all I get is AnyDVD, at least 5 pages.:smiley: But aside from that lets welcome our new member to MyCE as SJ so promptly did to our forum and try to explain the differnce between the two programs becuase they are not the same at all. Passkey is a new program and is still in beta, while it is in beta it is free, AnyDVD has been on the scene fro many years ( 8 to be exact) and is an excellent but expensive choice, we do not know what Passkey will cost when it is released for sale. Both are decrypters ( bluray and regular) but AnyDVD will do other things that Passkey will not yet do, maybe soon but not yet. Passkey is free at the moment and AnyDVD has a 21 day free trial so you can try them both for free. I always suggest doing that. Look them both over, try them. Let us know what you think.:wink:
AnyDVD is made by a company from Antiguia named Slysoft, Passkey is a completely different program made by Fengtao Software in China. Do not get them confused. Both are excellent programs and yes both are on the fly decrypters for bluray and DVD disks. AnyDVD at this moment has more options but if all you want to do is backup a movie both will do the job decrypting the disc, you will still need a DVD Copy program to burn the disc. With AnyDVD it contains a Ripper that will rip the whole movie to your Hard drive so you can watch it from there at any time. It also protects you from rootkits and such.
Passkey is still in beta and options are being added so we do not know what this program will become when finished or its price but right now its free so take advantage and use it, use them both for free, its a no brainer, see which you like best.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2545373]When I type AnyDVD in Google, all I get is AnyDVD, at least 5 pages.:smiley: But aside from that lets welcome our new member to MyCE as SJ so promptly did to our forum and try to explain the differnce between the two programs becuase they are not the same at all. Passkey is a new program and is still in beta, while it is in beta it is free, AnyDVD has been on the scene fro many years ( 8 to be exact) and is an excellent but expensive choice, we do not know what Passkey will cost when it is released for sale. Both are decrypters ( bluray and regular) but AnyDVD will do other things that Passkey will not yet do, maybe soon but not yet. Passkey is free at the moment and AnyDVD has a 21 day free trial so you can try them both for free. I always suggest doing that. Look them both over, try them. Let us know what you think.:wink:
AnyDVD is made by a company from Antiguia named Slysoft, Passkey is a completely different program made by Fengtao Software in China. Do not get them confused. Both are excellent programs and yes both are on the fly decrypters for bluray and DVD disks. AnyDVD at this moment has more options but if all you want to do is backup a movie both will do the job decrypting the disc, you will still need a DVD Copy program to burn the disc. With AnyDVD it contains a Ripper that will rip the whole movie to your Hard drive so you can watch it from there at any time. It also protects you from rootkits and such.
Passkey is still in beta and options are being added so we do not know what this program will become when finished or its price but right now its free so take advantage and use it, use them both for free, its a no brainer, see which you like best.[/QUOTE]

Hi Alan

When I type AnyDVD in google I also se DVDFab to the far right

Although Passkey is not stated like the OP states, it does however advertise DVDFab here is what I get or see…

Official DVDFab Software
DVD to DVDR, AVI, M4V Copy Easy to use DVD burning software

www.dvdfab.com/dvd-copy.htm

[B]SJ[/B]

Yep, there is one " Sponsored Link" to DVD Fab in the right hand column. But the hits that are not paid for are all AnyDVD. It really cant be compared, because we do not know where the OP lives, and his Google hits may be very different from ours. What he said may very well be true, we are in the USA, if he is not , his Google search might be very different from ours.But Its DVD Fab in the one sponsored link, not Passkey. We have no idea what Google may come up with in a different region.:clap:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2545504]Yep, there is one " Sponsored Link" to DVD Fab in the right hand column. But the hits that are not paid for are all AnyDVD. It really cant be compared, because we do not know where the OP lives, and his Google hits may be very different from ours. What he said may very well be true, we are in the USA, if he is not , his Google search might be very different from ours.But Its DVD Fab in the one sponsored link, not Passkey. We have no idea what Google may come up with in a different region.:clap:[/QUOTE]

Yeah with google boy you can’t really tell what they are going to do from one minute to the next :rolleyes: