Anydvd Update?

vbimport

Hey Folks;

Five days ago, attempted to update and download AnyDVD. The result was disastrous. Initially, I couldn’t download the update, as I received a “write” error.

Really weird as have been using Clone DVD and Any DVD to copy over 800 DVDs, very successfully. Use a NEC ND-2500A & ND-3520A. Running Win Home XP on a Dell 2.6. Love both of these programs as they were extremely “novice” friendly.

Received a couple of suggestions from SlySoft, none of which had a positive result!

Have been able to copy Any DVD update to a CD, but computer continues to give me a “write” error, whenever I try to update.

Tried to delete AnyDVD to perhaps start over, but continue to get " can’t write" error.

By the way, Clone DVD works just fine. Just won’t copy “protected” DVDs. Never have had any problems updating it. Ang yes, have “unblocked” key.

Would appreciate any & all suggestions! Thanks ahead of time. Paul

Please make sure, that CloneDVD, CloneCD or any other programs are not running while installing AnyDVD (CloneDVD or CloneCD). Otherwise you will get an error like “Can’t write ElbyCDIO.dll” or similar.

Olli;

Thanks for the reply!

This writing error occurrs without any programs running. Whether i’m attempting to download from SlySoft on the internet or trying to delete AnyDVD and start over - can’t!

Am beginning to believe something is wacky with my “Administrator” account, although under “User Accounts”, i’m the only user listed.

Key seems to be operating OK, as it tells me to restart AnyDVD.

Paul>

“Key seems to be operating OK, as it tells me to restart AnyDVD.”

…and you’re not running AnyDVD while trying to download the update? If you are, you should dump out of AnyDVD before installing any update.

Can you run SP2 on home edition? If so are you running home XP with the service pack installed? I remember another thread that had something to check off if your using SP2…Just a thought :rolleyes: