Anydvd to AVI

vbimport

I’m trying to backup “Up” but it has copy protection I’ve never encountered in one of my dvds. DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter came up short. So after researching stricter copy protections AnyDVD seemed to have done the trick.

But next I hope to use AutoGK to make an AVI file. AnyDVD made a pile of IFO and VOB files more difficult to navigate than Shrink always did, but familiar enough with the IFO VOB setup for AutoGK I inserted the IFO file pertaining to the largest chunk of VOB files.

The AFI came out very screwy, with subtitles way off synch, audio slightly off, and even glitches in the entire film where it repeats moments 3 or 4 times.

Any idea where AnyDVD is coming up short? Is this a common problem in AnyDVD? Are there other programs that have decription to rival AnyDVD? Is there a compatibility issue between AutoGK and AnyDVD?

First post for me, I hope it’s in the right section and whatnot. Thanks everyone.

Welcome to the forums glennrk.

AnyDVD should be able to completely remove all encryption from the movie [I]Up[/I]. Did you use the built in ripper within AnyDVD or did you use another program with AnyDVD running in the background? Sometimes, with advanced protections, it is best to use the internal ripper. You can access it by [B]right[/B] clicking the fox icon at the bottom right of your screen, then click Rip Video DVD to Harddisk…

I use AnyDVD all the time and have no issues with its decryption capabilities, so it is a good choice for this task.

I’ve moved your thread into the AnyDVD forum, but there is a redirect left in the other subforum where you first posted, so you can find this thread easily.

Yes I used the internal ripper in Anydvd. I also tried to use Shrink after Anydvd removed the encryption, but it didn’t work…

[QUOTE=glennrk;2601209]Yes I used the internal ripper in Anydvd. I also tried to use Shrink after Anydvd removed the encryption, but it didn’t work…[/QUOTE]

Run the ripped files through FixVTS (select the full DVD option) then try DVDShrink.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Try the AnyDVD rip in a player on your PC like VLC or Media Player Classic - Home Cinema .
Does it play correctly ?
If it does the rip is OK.
If it doesn’t then it may be some setting in AnyDVD.
Or
The disc you did the rip from has a problem.
I almost always rip with CloneDVD2 using AnyDVD.
I seldom have problems.

So the next software is probably the culprit.
I haven’t used AutoGK much just a little to test it.
When I did it worked OK .
Try AVIDemux to create the AVI file.

If none of that works for you I have a few other suggestions.

Right click on the fox select rip to the hard drive via fold not iso. Then use the program of your choice to covert to avi. It is that simple.

[QUOTE=Dr. Who;2601245]Right click on the fox select rip to the hard drive via fold not iso. [/QUOTE]
In the first post the OP wrote this :

[QUOTE=glennrk;2601205] AnyDVD made a pile of IFO and VOB files [/QUOTE]
From that it looks like AnyDVD did the rip to folder.

Hey everyone, thanks for your suggestions and a generally warm welcome to these forums.

I tried the FixVTS but it was exactly the same. I’ll try ripping the files again through a program, thanks Cholla for suggestions CloneDVD2 and AVIDemux!

[QUOTE=glennrk;2601315]Hey everyone, thanks for your suggestions and a generally warm welcome to these forums.

I tried the FixVTS but it was exactly the same. I’ll try ripping the files again through a program, thanks Cholla for suggestions CloneDVD2 and AVIDemux![/QUOTE]

That’s very unusual as FixVTS normally sorts out any compliance problems but I see you’ve already got an alternative so try that and see how you get on.

[B]Wombler[/B]