Anydvd shuts down during Clone dvd ripping and causes copy protection error

:confused: :sad: :frowning: I have this problem with AnyDvd, well i think the problem lies with Anydvd. I have version 6.0.7.0.

The Problem i have is when i try to back up my movies so my daughter doesn’t make coasters form the good version with her fingerprints ECT, it gets a fair percentage during the ripping process with Clone DVD 2.0.9.1, then clone dvd tells me that it (the disc) is copy protected and that i cant copy it. It apears that Anydvd has closed itelf down :frowning:

WHY OH WHY???

I get this error message in clone dvd PS 18 TCE.

Anydvd detected the disc, and to all indications was working fine up to this point and i never had a problem before with Anydvd before this version.

I look at he task bar and the fox is gone.

CAN ANYONE HELP MEEEEE :confused:

This is due to protection built into the AnyDVD program to keep people from using cracks, etc. to circumvent registration.

If you are using a cracked version (and I’m NOT saying that you are!) then now is a fine time to purchase the product and forget about hassleing with such things.

If you are using a trial version within the 21 day trial period, or you are a legitament customer of SlySoft’s then I’d suggest uninstalling your current version, downloading the most recent version from the SlySoft web site and installing it. It’s possible your last update got corrupted in the transfer and now the protection programming is picking up on the fact that something’s wrong with the program file.

Try to update anydvd to 6.0.8.2. And see if it persists.

:bigsmile: Hi Firewolf ,
Some friends may desagree with me but I use [B] RipIt4Me[/B] with full success , even in the most difficult cases .
Cheers . :cool:

I use it at times if ever needed so far not once yet I bought anydvd some time ago and it has never failed me yet. It is always good to have options just in case. But when asking for help with older versions you will always be asked to update first.

I don’t really disagree with you, I’ve never used RipIt4Me, but I find it kind of a breach of etiquette to recommend another product in a support forum dedicated to a certain product. I might find it acceptable if they were facing a problem that AnyDVD couldn’t handle, but in this case help has been given and the problem should be easily solved.

I don’t mean to sound cranky here lately :cop: , but there just seems to be a lack of manners on the forum lately . . .

I have also been following this thread and although it was "OFF TOPIC " ( the OP was not asking for another program ) he or she was asking for as to why AnyDVD was acting up. Promoting another product is not against forum rules but in this case, it was not what the problem was or the OP asked about.

firewolf81, appears to used A so-called “Patch” to bypass AnyDVD
registration. When anyDVD is illegally patched after 25 mins it will shut down and it will take
you to the AnyDVD purchase site. my advise: Please purchase the software,
money has to be made. :slight_smile:

That is why I was trying to help the OP on the anydvd and clonedvd2 issue instead of offering an alternative. I have notice that when an issue arives it seems to be widely used to offer another product instead of helping with the original. I’m not patroling these threads just offering my opinion of what I have noticed.

Does anyone know for sure what this error code is:

I get this error message in clone dvd PS 18 TCE.

You might see if this is happening read the article from MS Support.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875352

It may appear as though he has, but . . . from what I’ve gathered on other less, shall we say “savory”, forums where they’ve discussed this in a bit of depth recently there’s an algorithm in AnyDVD that checks to see if the program has been modified and if it has then it does this time out thing. Whatever the mechanism is that checks to see if the program has been modified (probably some sort of checksum routine) it is also tripped up by corrupted initial downloads, failing hard drives, other misbehaving software that corrupts the AnyDVD.exe file, etc…

Soooo, it’s not just someone who’s patched a program who may experience this problrm. I for one want this to be a friendly, helpful forum - both for the users and for SlySoft, so I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt. I’m not going to accuse anyone of anything, I’m just going to tell you why you may be having that problem. If you are using a patcher I’m going to gently nudge you towards purchasing the product and if you are a legitament user I’m going to suggest you re-download the update and try again.

By being non-accusatory and helpful we may help SlySoft pickup some customers which is good for us as they’ll be motivated to continue support as long as it’s a profitable venture. We may also help a legitabment user who just had a bad download, a failing hard drive, or something else. Whatever the case, everyone is treated nicely and and it’s a win-win situation for all of us.

> That is why I was trying to help the OP on the anydvd
> and clonedvd2 issue instead of offering an alternative.

And that’s exactly what we should be doing - this is a support forum for the users of AnyDVD. If we suggest dropping AnyDVD and using something else we’re not really being helpful. I have no doubt there are other programs that work like AnyDVD, but I honestly feel that AnyDVD is the gold standard - I know of no other program that’s as aggressively updated as AnyDVD is!!! Soooo, if we direct people to other software we’re really doing them a disservice.

> I have notice that when an issue arives it seems to be
> widely used to offer another product instead of helping
> with the original.

I’ve noticed that too! THANK YOU for trying to help nudge such threads in the proper direction!

> I’m not patroling these threads just offering my opinion
> of what I have noticed.

I’m not trying to patrol the threads either, but it just seems that we’re not as helpful and friendly as we used to be and i’m getting kinda tired of it, so I’ve felt it’s time to speak up here lately!

firewolf81, did you update to see if it resoved the problem? Also, as alan1476 asked, does anyone know what the error code means?

I had a guess but it is just that Hope the OP comes here and see’s the replies and try these things out.

And thank you for doing such Yes the forum has became rather nasty on such and I used to be a 20+ replier a day to offer help and now seeing this makes me want to throw my hands up in the air and just give up. :clap:

I will leave this thread open for now, but I do not want to hear anymore accusations, we are here to help people sort out their problems. Not make accusations when we are not absolutely positive that the poster is breaking any rules. So if you have a solution, post it. Remember this forum is first and foremost mean’t to help. I hope everyone understands this.

Did some tries for some months ago to find out that error code. I only found that it’s related to being unable to copy protected material (CSS). Can also happen if you run another CSS decrypting tool at the same time as AnyDVD.

I also found this error message in an old AnyDVD log:

“Early termination in case of scrambling control bit set (PS 18)”. I guess that TCE stands for Title Configuration Encryption.

Thank you very much cynthia, that sounds like a perfect explaination. So the OP should exit out of AnyDVD or the other Decrypting tool, only use one at a time. I believe that sometimes if you have another decrypting tool running at the same time as AnyDVD , they will both compete for the same resources and not work at all. Thank you again.

No, this is not possible. AnyDVD will always display a warning dialog if it detects a problem (bad download, modification - probably because of a virus).
The problem is, if a crack is used which patches AnyDVD in a way that this dialog isn’t shown.
AnyDVD will only shut down silently or behave erratic if it wasn’t cracked properly. I strongly advise not to use patches / cracks for AnyDVD. :wink:

PS18 = PESScramblingControlUnsupported

This means, that CloneDVD detected a CSS encrypted sector on an unencrypted disc. This happens, if AnyDVD is exited during copy / transcoding, shuts down because it was cracked or if the user changed AnyDVD’s settings while using CloneDVD.

It should never happen during normal operation as CloneDVD will not start to copy an encrypted disc.