Anydvd settings?

I AM FREQUENTLY IN EUROPE. Archived DVDs are played in USA also.

Unclear on Feature Removal settings making it most likely to play on most European DVD players. The below does not have clear meaning to me:

“Hardware Region Cod Simulates RPC2 drive with matching region.”

HUH?

Also the below right click “explanation” does not tell me what to do:

“AnyDVD will simulate a RPC2 drive which matches the disc’s region. If the disc is region free or RICE protected, AnyDVD will use the default region you have specified.”

I originally thought that “REGION FREE” meant region free. Period.

For playing in Europe, should I set “Default Region” to Region 2?

I’ve noticed that some European DVD players are region free (same as mine in the USA) and some are not. I hope to learn SPECIFICALLY what settings are best for archived DVDs to play on most European players most of the time. A similar question holds for playing on European PCs.

[quote=wwwgjsnet;2213074]I AM FREQUENTLY IN EUROPE. Archived DVDs are played in USA also.

Unclear on Feature Removal settings making it most likely to play on most European DVD players. The below does not have clear meaning to me:

“Hardware Region Cod Simulates RPC2 drive with matching region.”

HUH?

Also the below right click “explanation” does not tell me what to do:

“AnyDVD will simulate a RPC2 drive which matches the disc’s region. If the disc is region free or RICE protected, AnyDVD will use the default region you have specified.”

I originally thought that “REGION FREE” meant region free. Period.

For playing in Europe, should I set “Default Region” to Region 2?

I’ve noticed that some European DVD players are region free (same as mine in the USA) and some are not. I hope to learn SPECIFICALLY what settings are best for archived DVDs to play on most European players most of the time. A similar question holds for playing on European PCs.[/quote]
I have my default region set to us/canada but I go to the Philippines every year and they are region 3 and my back ups play fine in the DVD players there. So if you copying a DVD that is Region 1 then select us/canada as all disc have protection on them called RCE “region code enhancement” and this protection even though the DVD is region free will not let you play the DVD on another region DVD player so you need to set the region that the disc is so the RCE protection can be removed also