Anydvd ripper slows to stop after "ignore errors" choice

When I run anydvd ripper, it goes fine until it finds an error and asks “ignore errors?” I choose yes, and the rip rate indicated slows steadily to a stop. The disk keeps spinning and indicates it’s being “read”. At the same time, when I try to open the folder where the file is being stored, the folder freezes and says “not responding”. I have to abort because no more ripping occurs.

Help… :confused: I’m stuck.

Here’s my info: running on windows XP pro.

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.0.8.0)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1916960 sectors (3744 MBytes)
Total size: 3798719 sectors (7419 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: GALAXY_QUEST
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Does it do this with a normal copy/paste of the files? Or when using a different ripping program? Also, does it play properly on the computer/DVD player? Maybe scratches or something.

Try RipIt4Me and see if it picks up any scratches.

Dont know your version of AnyDVD or drive or drive firmware-need those to help your problem here. Also exam your media to check for flaws or scratches. And does your original work in various players and computer dvd player? Usually errors are not a good signs when you are attempt to make a 1:1 copy of you media. Oh yeah who makes your AnyDVD ripper? All I know is that AnyDVD from slysoft is a decrypting program that works with CloneCD and or CloneDVD2. So unless you tell is your version all I can say is that AnyDVD from Slysoft doesn’t rip or burn the media.

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.0.8.0)

:eek:

I can say is that AnyDVD from Slysoft doesn’t rip or burn the media.

Anydvd does rip to the hard drive but it doesn’t burn nothing. Right click the fox icon in the taskbar and select rip to the HDD.

Hess8 ,
Perhaps it’s time to try something else that realy works and is free . Go to " Guides and Tutorials " and read Go4saket’ s guide .
Cheers ,
Fanaudi .

Why such a statement? I have always used anydvd and it does work. If there is a disc press or bad scratches anydvd can’t operate as it needs to. :doh:

This disc shouldn’t “have” read errors, it is defective. Try to clean it, or replace it.

I see ,
Wat I once experienced , was that I got perfect picture but no sound on my Dvd after using Any DVD . RipIt4Me fixed the problem . I’m not an expert , I m just trying to help .
Cheers ,
Fanaudi .

I’m by far an expert myself. I use both depending on the disc quality as if there is a large amount of scratches ripit4me does well with those.

Hey thanks for all your help guys. I’m trying ripit4me from your suggestions, and it seems to be working fine (uses dvd decrypter). Very fast now.

Glad to hear this , Hess.
I was practically sure it would work . Congratulations !
Fanaudi .