I’ve lurked around for a while and don’t post too often since I haven’t had any problems with AnyDVD thus far. My question is more because of confusion than something not working correctly.
From the v126.96.36.199 changelog it states:
188.8.131.52 2006 12 26
- New: Added support for new versions of the SONY Arccos protection
to the option to remove “Protection based on unreadable Sectors”
- Fix: Very small Arccos protected titles were not treated correctly
- Fix: “Too many Navpacks” error with AnyDVD ripper
- Note: It is recommended to use elby CloneDVD to rip instead of the
AnyDVD ripper, even if you prefer to use another program to compress
and/or burn (Set elby CloneDVD to DL burning and copy files to
harddisk). elby CloneDVD is available at http://www.slysoft.com
- Some minor fixes and improvements
Is the AnyDVD Ripper broken or incomplete? If so, then why don’t they just disable it? (Don’t expect a real answer from non-SlySoft guys)
Is this still even valid or has SlySoft upgraded or patched their FixVTS?
Again, I do backups with CloneDVD but I just want to be clear.