Anydvd Registration

WHENEVER I DOUBLE CLICK ON THE REGISTRATION KEY IT GIVES ME A MESSAGE THAT SAYS THAT “REGISTRATION OF ANYDVD IS OK” WHEN I CHECK THE ABOUT TAB IN THE PROGRAM IT STILL SAYS “REGISTERED TO NOBODY, STILL HAVE 21 DAYS TO USE THE PROGRAM.” AFTER YOU REGISTER, DO THE DAYS TO USE REMAIN AT 21 OR DOES IT SAY THAT THE PROGRAM IS REGISTERED TO ME? HOW DOES THE REGISTRATION WORK?

THANKS,

brocket@comcast.net

please do not use caps. you’re yelling, and no one likes to be yelled at.

please remove your email address from the post unless you want a ton of spam.

you’ve purchased the key from slysoft, correct? normally you double click the key, and you should be all set. i can’t remember if you have to restart after registration (it’s been a while) but I don’t think it’s a must.

when you click it you should no longer get the trial period message and your name sohuld show up where it says “registered to”

so to get some info straight because it wasn’t very clear:

you BOUGHT the key from slysoft?
you double clicked it and it said it installed correctly?
but nothing had changed?
you do have the latest version of anydvd, correct? 5.8.4.1.

Thanks for the advice. (Lower case)
in answer to your questions. Yes to all.
the key was bought from slysoft.
double clicked the key.
nothing has changed
have the latest and current version. (5.8.4.1)

i find it hard to believe that ANYONE would be able to screw up the registration process so we’ll assume you’re doing it correctly because all it involves is a double click haha. i recommend you send an email to support(at)slysoft(dot)com with your name and order number and the nature of the problem (your key doesn’t work)

they should be able to help you out.

rapscallion

Are you signed into an account with administration privileges? Do you have any security tools / programs you have set to block 3rd party programs writing to the registry. I have “TeaTimer” running active … which has NEVER blocked the registration process. It will issue a “Registry change” when I install a new release for AnyDVD (moves it into startup group) which I untick via program after boot/install. Best bet, follow “reasonsnotrules” advice and contact SlySoft.

I know where he’s comimg from, i’ve just reinstalled windows & installed anydvd v5.8.2.1 and used my key, but it was giving me the same error, i downloaded 5.8.4.1 and reused my key and it’s alright now :confused:

rapscallion,

How about first trying to uninstall AnyDVD and say no if it asks if you want to save the registry information. Reboot, then reinstall AnyDVD. After you reinstall, try double clicking on the key again, then reboot. After the reboot go to the about key and verify that your name and serial are present. If it still shows the remaining days of your trial then the information to the registry was not added or not being recognized properly.

As Dennis L suggested something may be blocking it, the possibiltiy exists it’s related to XP, specifically SP2. You may want to check the below link and read post #1, it’s a long shot but it may be your problem, can’t hurt to check.
There’s a good chance you won’t have that unblock option present, so you can then rule out that possibility.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=138281

It could be some “anti virus spyware whatever” tool as well which watches/prevents changes to the system registry, e.g. Spybot Search&Destroy. Disable all such tools, maybe this is the problem.

James
Good point but it wouldn’t be SpyBot, been using that one for years without a problem, although I don’t use Tea Timer. Might be anti virus or another spyware preventer.

rapscallion,
Why don’t you try disabing your startup programs then reboot. Reboot again, then go into safe mode. Once in safe mode try double clicking on the key file.