Anydvd problems?

1st time poster. I am experiencing a problem with what I am sure is anydvd but not totally positive that it anydvd is the problem. I am going to explain my problem and what my set up is because it is a new build. I own a purchased copy of Anydvd/Clonecd/CloneDVD2. Prolly for 3 years now. Always has run great. As a matter a fact it runs fine on my older machine.

I installed latest clonedvd2 on my new machine and it works fine. I installed the latest anydvd and used my key and installed my key. Anydvd post that it belongs to me and everything seems ok. Than all of a sudden my mouse doesn’t work and it my machine will reboot.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Machine runs fine without it. After I install and reboot as soon as anydvd is finished on the start up Xp seems to crash and the machine reboots.

Here is my system specs

XP Pro spk 2 plus all latest updates
Windows Media 11 <
IE7 <
E6600 C2 Watercooled
Asus P5W DH deluxe
2GB Corsair XMS2
eVga 7950GX2
Razor Copperhead Tempest 2000dpi

I listed my hardware just in case Anydvd my not be compatible???

Download the newest Version that just came out about 10 minutes ago. V6.0.9.5
http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

Thanks for the reply. I will most definitely do that. But for some reason I’m thinking that will not solve my problem. I’ll keep my fingers crossed and post back as soon as I am able to install the new update.

I don’t see your current version in your original post. There have been some issues with a couple of the more recent versions.

Take alan’s advice & hopefully that will fix your problems :slight_smile:

If you installed the latest version and it’s locking up your mouse, etc. than there’s a conflict somewhere. Do an uninstall of AnyDVD and install a previous version and see if the problem persists. You may need to contact Slysoft’s support team.

Download a previous version from here: http://www.filehippo.com/ Do a search for anydvd, click on more info on the search results and a list of the previous versions will be on to the right.

Good luck.

current version was 6.0.9.2.

Now its V 6.0.9.5.:clap:

ok… when I posted “current version was 6.0.9.2” it was meant for bubbles19… sry.

Installed ver. 6.0.9.5 … As soon as I put DVD in the drive and Anydvd detects it… it reboots my comp. Once it reboots and goes to login my usb mouse will not work unless i unplug and then plug it back in.

I have Anydvd working in safe mode right at this moment. Going thru the menu choices on Clonedvd2 is sluggish. Once the reading process is started it seems to run normal.

Is there limitations with safe mode?

I have a Seagate 320gb sata 3g Perpendicular Recording Hard drive also. Wonder if that makes any difference?

rfhop22 -

It appears possibly that you could have some Software Program automatically loading during Windows Startup that is interfering with the proper functioning of AnyDVD. To check this suggest viewing the below Web Link that details how to use MSCONFIG to configure Windows Startup to load only necessary items. You will be surprised at all the unnecessary Memory and Resource wasting items that are automatically loaded during Windows Startup. Suggest when visiting the below referenced Web Link to also check out Paul “PacMan” Collins’ huge “Startup Applications” list (http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php).

http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/

BeLooken

Here is my selected start up items

razerhid = razerhid.exe
ashDisp = ashDisp.exe
NvCpl= nwiz.exe
NvMctray= RUNDLL32.EXE system32\NvMctray.dll,NvTaskbar Init
ctfmon = windows\system32\ctfmon.exe
Anydvd = anydvd.exe

rfhop22-

It appears that you are using NVIDIA Video Drivers.

In previous Forum postings it has been noted that in some instances 3rd party divers can cause conflict error problems. It has been suggested to use the Native Windows XP Drivers instead of the 3rd party drivers.

BeLooken

I think you may have a software conflict causing your problems, you have probably already figured this out.:wink: