AnyDVD problems! Windows 2003, Please help!

I own Anydvd v2.1.0.9, and used to use in on win2k. no problems whatsoever!! I have an epox 8rda+ mobo, latest bios/nforce drivers, etc. I wasn’t using ‘safe mode’ in Anydvd. worked like a charm! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

then, I did a clean install of win 2003 enterprise (real, licensed copy no crack version), totally from scratch, installed new nforce 3.13 whql, anydvd, clonedvd etc. everything seemed smooth until I tried backing up a dvd, and BAM, blue screen!! (as soon as it started to burn)

the message was “BAD POOL CALLER” stop error 0x000000c2 I think. I looked it up but you know how that goes… “try checking your software or hardware” uh yeah, thanks.

I tried, again and again, blue screen every time. tried Alcohol120, Nero, burnatonce, etc… they all BSOD’d. I uninstalled, reinstalled, no luck. :a Tried pulling out nforce drivers but then my video went to 640x480 and I lost audio as well…

finally I solved (kind of ) the problem by turning on Anydvd “safe mode” – but I dont like running this way., what is safe mode anyway? (Olli can you answer?) is there a drawback to doing this?

I notice already that InstantCopy no longer works, says it won’t copy CSS protected dvds. Any also DVDxCOPY same problem. But I removed Xcopy because I hardly used it anyway…

so now I have only a partially working system please if anyone else has similar problems or solutions or just any info please post… thanks!!!:bigsmile:

The problem is Win2K3 not the burning apps. The developers will be interested but only they will be able to help I think. This is all obvious and not what you want to hear but they probably haven’t got around to this OS yet.

well… sure I understand, with 2k3 being somewhat new and all…

but, in my defense- on Anydvd’s home page it does say:

" Windows 95/98/SE/ME, 2000/XP, SERVER 2003 " so I am not makin this stuff up…

hopefully a fix will come soon, i am already goin thru “backup withdrawal” heheh :Z

also, I should add that yes, I have disabled Autoplay via gpedit.msc and also disabled the imapi cd-rom burning service…of course

still no reply from SlySoft even though I filled their contact form twice… and no replies from Olli here or anyone else…

this service is starting to suck imho… :a

Hi dvd_baqup,

Why not give DVD Region-Free a try? Our product works on the app level, so it works without any problem on new OS.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

dvd_baqup

you have pm

Try the new version from slysoft before you let another software hack your programs.

http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD3001.exe

Hi Schnauze,

I can’t understand why you think DVD Region-Free is a “hacker”. AnyDVD and DVD Region-Free have the same function, why AnyDVD is not a hacker?

Best Regards,
Fengtao

I have read this:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77037&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

Any DVD is a driver. That’s Ok for me. I don’t want a software to hack other software on my PC.

Hi Schnauze,

AnyDVD also need hack the windows system, it just hack it at system level since it’s a driver, and DVD Region-Free works on the app level. That’s the difference.

I think app level hack is better than system level hack, since it can support future windows system without any problem, but anydvd need to rewrite many code since it’s OS dependent. Do you remember when AnyDVD is out, there is no windows 9x version? why? Since they need two part of separate code to hack the window system.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

I did not use Win 9x when it came out. So I don’t care.
The same you say about a new OS is valid for any new application, isn’t it?
What is released more frequent? New apps or new OSs?

"Try the new version from slysoft before you let another software hack your programs. "

http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD3004.exe

is the latest one

are these “static.slysoft.com” versions real, or what?? I am afraid to try them, are they legit?

i own the anydvd software, but I never heard of these versions.:o

I had the link in a mail from slysoft support. That should be ok.:slight_smile:

yeah I just saw the official post on the cdfreaks homepage so i guess its legit… i am trying it now to see if it still BSOD’s on windows2003 server…:stuck_out_tongue:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

no more BSOD with v3004… way to go
I can now run in “unsafe” mode on w2k03 again… w00t

:a :a :a :a :a
well, I TAKE IT BACK!!!
I am tired of this shyte… just got the same blue screen with v3004 :

BAD_POOL_CALLER

f**$$*#ck

oh well… back to the drawing board slysoft…
:a :a :Z :confused: :rolleyes: :frowning: :a :eek: :Z :Z

did you try the new v3.0.0.5?

http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD3005.exe

Originally posted by dvd_baqup
[B]:a :a :a :a :a
well, I TAKE IT BACK!!!
I am tired of this shyte… just got the same blue screen with v3004 :

BAD_POOL_CALLER

f**$$*#ck

oh well… back to the drawing board slysoft…
:a :a :Z :confused: :rolleyes: :frowning: :a :eek: :Z :Z [/B]

My guess would be the nforce IDE drivers, maybe you can try the original Microsoft drivers?

well I agree the NVIDIA IDE drivers are shyte… but I never installed them.

I am using the standard Microsoft IDE driver. I am certain of this.
:o