AnyDVD Problem

vbimport

#1

Guys

I’ve installed AnyDVD(v1.6.2.3) onto my machine running windows 2000 but I keep getting an error saying that the device or drive is not accessible. I Have a Panasonic SW-9581 DVD-RAM writer. I’ve tried all the settings etc but nothing seems to work.
Can anyone offer any help
Cheers fella


#2

Originally posted by Greenyboy
[B]Guys

I’ve installed AnyDVD(v1.6.2.3) onto my machine running windows 2000 but I keep getting an error saying that the device or drive is not accessible. I Have a Panasonic SW-9581 DVD-RAM writer. I’ve tried all the settings etc but nothing seems to work.
Can anyone offer any help
Cheers fella [/B]

Who gives what error when?


#3

Olli

I installed AnyDVD and re-booted. It then loads up with windows but after about 10 seconds I get a message box saying that the device is not accessible. AnyDVD is obviously not running because CloneDVD says the DVD I’m trying to copy is protected.
Hope this is a bit clearer and cheers for your reply


#4

Originally posted by Greenyboy
[B]Olli

I installed AnyDVD and re-booted. It then loads up with windows but after about 10 seconds I get a message box saying that the device is not accessible. AnyDVD is obviously not running because CloneDVD says the DVD I’m trying to copy is protected.
Hope this is a bit clearer and cheers for your reply [/B]

“I get a message box saying that the device is not accessible”

From whom? What is in the title bar of this message? What device? Is there anything else written?


#5

Olli

The title bar of the message box says Desktop. I’m assuming it’s from anyDVD as if I disable anyDVD, then I no longer get this message. It is a bit weird that there is no application name in the title bar.
Does this make it any clearer?

Thanks for your help buddy


#6

Originally posted by Greenyboy
[B]Olli

The title bar of the message box says Desktop. I’m assuming it’s from anyDVD as if I disable anyDVD, then I no longer get this message. It is a bit weird that there is no application name in the title bar.
Does this make it any clearer?

[/B]

Nope. It is surely not from AnyDVD. Looks like a dll/library is not installed correctly on your system. Is there anything else in this message?


#7

This couldn’t be an administrator problem could it?


#8

It seems to be certainly anyDVD related as I have now removed it and the message no longer appears. I don’t think it can be administrator problem because I am one on this machine.
I have a feeling that my DVD recorder is not supported by this version of anyDVD. What are your thoughts guys?

Cheers for the help


#9

Ah just spotted the Panasonic, same company as Matshita (or Matsushita) and a lot of their DVD drives are known to not work with Region Free software, you might want to look around Here check the forums out.

anyway isn’t your drive DVD-RAM do they even work with CloneDVD / AnyDVD?


#10

Hi Madbob

It reads and writes DVD-R and -RW too so it should work with anyDVD and CloneDVD. I’ve written a none protected DVD with clone and it worked fine.
What I have done is ordered a DVD reader (a bargain for £30) that I know works with the software so I’ll see how that goes.

Thanks for all your help guys, it’s very much appreciated :bow:


#11

good idea :slight_smile:

I got two readers because there were some movies that refused to read with my Toshiba, not many and it was the first release of AnyDVD but I thought an extra JLMS DVD drive might make a difference,

I have a notebook in the family with a Matshita (Panasonic) DVD reader, and that doesn’t work either :frowning:


#12

Cheers MadBob

I was sriving me to distraction this but I feel it’s going to be sorted now. What I did use in the end was DVDShrink 3 beta and what a piece of software that turned out to be. You can remove all the crap from the original DVD (foreign languages etc) and it compresses the rest accordingly (not to bad when you’ve removed the garbage). These files are then saved to your hard disk. I then burned these files with Nero to a DVD and bugger me, it played brilliantly in my player.
Very impressed and the software is free too.

Thanks again for you help