AnyDVD problem. Someone please help me

vbimport

I have had AnyDVD for a few months now. It has worked flawlessly until today with one movie. Im trying to back up The Usual Suspects, but when I put it in my drive, AnyDVD wont recognize it and causes all other software to not recognize the drive. For example, if I try to play the movie on my PC, all media players dont recognize there is a DVD in the drive. Once I shut down AnyDVD the drive and movie are then accesible. I cant figure this out. Ive never run into anything like this. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to correct this?

@ JohnnyDanger79,

Welcome to the Forum.

Since you failed to provide the AnyDVD Version Number you are currently using and also state that you have being using it for a “few months now” suggest visiting SlySoft (http://www.slysoft.com) and download the newest current up to date Version of AnyDVD which is presently Version AnyDVD v5.9.6.1 released on 13 May 06.

Best Regards,
bjkg

Sorry about that. Im using the newest version of AnyDVD. As you stated, v5.9.6.1. The only other version I have saved is v5.9.6.0. I tried that one and it didnt make a difference. As far as I know its, not AnyDVD though cause ive tried decrypting it with DVD Decrypter and DVDFab, with no success. Any recommendations?

@ JohnnyDanger79,

It appears that you have some 3rd party software program operating in the background interfering with proper functioning of the AnyDVD (and other) software programs.

Have you ensured that you have curtailed all Multi-Tasking background operations while AnyDVD-CloneDVD is activated? Also have you ensured that you don’t have any invasive Anti-Virus and/or Packet Writing programs running while the AnyDVD-CloneDVD software programs are activated?

The following are examples of packet writing software programs –> Sonic DLA, Nero InCD, NTI FileCD, Roxio DirectCD/Drag-To-Disc, CE Quadrant Just!Burn, Sony abCD, InstantWrite, Backup4all, B’s Clip, NeoClip, InstantBurn. This is not an extensive complete list, there are numerous others. If you have any Packet Writing Software Programs installed strongly suggest to completely remove them from your computer.

To ensure that all background operations are in fact curtailed check that all unnecessary programs are not automatically loaded during Window Startup. To check this suggest viewing the below Web Link that details how to use MSCONFIG to configure Windows Startup to load only necessary items. You will be surprised at all the unnecessary Memory and Resource wasting items that are automatically loaded during Windows Startup. Quite possibility you have some unnecessary item automatically loaded during Windows Startup that you are unaware of that could be interfering with the popper operation of AnyDVD-CloneDVD that causing your problem.

http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/

Best Regards,
bjkg

If you’re having trouble with all three decrypters, it’s possible that the disc is defective even though it plays without AnyDVD. AnyDVD sometimes does not recognize discs that are damaged.
Just a possible reason why. :wink:

bjkg, I turned off all background programs and removed any start up programs that were not needed using msconfig. Still no help. This problem only happens with this dvd. Im going to see if anyone I know has a copy of this movie to try it with theres. It does seem like as MBK said, it might just be a defective disc.

@ JohnnyDanger79,

Sorry to learn that my suggestions did not correct your problem. As suggested by Forum Member MBK quite possibly your copy of the Usual Suspects Commercial DVD Movie Title has a manufacturing defect.

Best Regards,
bjkg

will this dvd play by something such as dvd shrink?
try to analyse it wiyhdvd shrink without Anydvd runnnning
if the analysis fails then you have a bad disk
because this movie is old and only has CSS on it

The analysis did fail. Im pretty sure its the disk now. Oh well, guess I caught this one too late and now I cant back it up for when it finally fails completely.

Hi,

I have run into this problem with my Laptop once before, My desktop never.
I resolved the issue by setting the region code of the drive. Is your drive currently set to a region code ?

Open ‘device manager’, expand ‘dvd/cd-rom drives’. Right click on your drive choosing ‘properties’. Click on the ‘DVD Region’ tab.

There is one more thing you could try

use dvd shrink and try to analyse on someone else’s computer
as some dvd readers are not able to read thru a disk error as well as others

Try to clean the disc with either disc cleaner or any other mean some times the disc is dirty and you get warning massege.