AnyDVD on Vista 64-bit

Anyone know if Sly is working on a version that will used signed drivers so AnyDVD will install on Vista 64-bit? I have the RTM version of Vista on my system now and it’s working fine…except for AnyDVD. I install it and it craps out, actually disabling my optical drives since, I assume, the AnyDVD.sys (I think the name is right) file is unsigned. Uninstall it and optical drives come back but no AnyDVD. And, for those of you who dont know, Vista 64-bit requires signed drivers.

I’d hate to have to reinstall it all again with something else…

I think version 6.0.8.5 the newest one has that already.

AnyDVD History

6.0.8.5, 2006 11 20

• New: Added support for new versions of the SONY Arccos protection
    to the option to remove “Protection based on unreadable Sectors”
  • New: Improved fix for DVDs with wrong title set search tables.
  • New: Higher compatibility with 3rd party IDE or SATA drivers.
    Using AnyDVD’s “SafeMode” should no longer be necessary.
  • New: Safe/Normal Mode setting now supported on Windows Vista.
  • New: Improved removal of bogus title sets
  • Change: Improved “Jump directly to Tile Menu” function
  • Fix: Removing Macrovision RipGuard didn’t work sometimes
  • Fix: Bogus title set removal could be triggered without reason
  • Fix: Setting subtitle transparency did not work correcly with
    some DVD titles
  • Fix: Audio-CD protection removal did not work on 64-bit OS like
    Windows XP64 professional
  • Fix: SPTI I/O-requests from 64-bit processes on 64-bit OS like
    Windows XP64 professional were not processed by AnyDVD
    :rolleyes:

You need to hit F8 when you boot up and select “Disable Driver Signature Checking”, then AnyDVD will load. You have to do this every time you boot up. It is kind of a pain, but I understand SlySoft is working on providing signed drivers.

Thanks for posting this solution! It works! I tried uninstalling and re installing, including the latest version to no avail, so for now I’ll try not to restart windows!If anyone finds a permanent solution, please let us know.

[QUOTE=martuney;2291991]Thanks for posting this solution! It works! I tried uninstalling and re installing, including the latest version to no avail, so for now I’ll try not to restart windows!If anyone finds a permanent solution, please let us know.[/QUOTE]

Did you know to notice this was posted in 2006??? Maybe next time contact Slysoft directly or email they most likely would have a solution for you or go to their forum…

I indeed noticed the date, and I did send along a note to Slysoft; and I also found a solution that worked in this thread! And I’ve ripped a half dozen movies already, so I know this new laptop with a built in Blue Ray is in fact compatible with Any DVD - which was my main concern! And in all likelihood, long before I hear back from Slysoft, someone else (with better manners than you!) will probably get back to me wiyh a better solution.

There shouldn’t be an issue with Vista 64-bit. AnyDVD is signed as it should be. I’ve been running it for over a year and had no issues with AnyDVD. Try disabling UAC and installing the software as the administrator.

I have UAC permanently turned off and installed the software as the administrator and have never had any installation issues.

[QUOTE=martuney;2292064] And in all likelihood, long before I hear back from Slysoft, someone else (with better manners than you!) will probably get back to me wiyh a better solution.[/QUOTE]

And all likehood users should also do their own homework as well. Everyone here is on volunteer basis. And also posting your own thread considering how old this thread with more revelent updated info is the responsible thing to do.

Taken from one of the moderators on the slysoft forum…

[QUOTE=SlyFox 1;200612]Slysoft applications work perfectly on a 64 bit operating systems. [B]No one ever said it was a Native 64 bit application[/B], just that it supports a 64 bit operating system without any issues.[/QUOTE]

Of course the newest OP never stated what version of anydvd they are using either.

I heard back from Sysoft, Apparently getting signed drivers is prohibitively expensive, so I guess I’ll just have to live with it. I found this link:
http://www.minasi.com/showdoc.asp?docname=nws0903.htm
Which shows how to create your own driver signing certificate and sign the driver yourself.

[QUOTE=martuney;2291991]Thanks for posting this solution! It works! I tried uninstalling and re installing, including the latest version to no avail, so for now I’ll try not to restart windows!If anyone finds a permanent solution, please let us know.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=martuney;2292702]I heard back from Sysoft, Apparently getting signed drivers is prohibitively expensive, so I guess I’ll just have to live with it. I found this link:
http://www.minasi.com/showdoc.asp?docname=nws0903.htm
Which shows how to create your own driver signing certificate and sign the driver yourself.[/QUOTE]

As I already said you shouldn’t have to use F8. This is not necessary. I use Vista 64-bit exclusively and I have never had to use F8 or play games to install the software. I have zero issues with installation and the software running.

6.0.9.2 2006 12 05

• New: Added support for Microsoft Windows Vista 64
  • New: All drivers are now signed as per Microsoft requirements

The drivers have been signed and install fine since v6.0.9.2 and we are up to v6.5.5.9.

[QUOTE=DrinkLyeAndDie;2292833]As I already said you shouldn’t have to use F8. This is not necessary. I use Vista 64-bit exclusively and I have never had to use F8 or play games to install the software. I have zero issues with installation and the software running.

The drivers have been signed and install fine since v6.0.9.2 and we are up to v6.5.5.9.[/QUOTE]

I too use Vista Ultimate 64 bit along with Win7 64 bit and no issues at all with it installing nor running. No need to hit a special key either.

I’m running version 6.5.5.9 and when I boot to windows vista64 I get a no drive found message from anydvd and my optical drive is gone. If I uninstall anydvd, my drive returns. The only fix I’ve found so far is to boot to F8 and disable signed driver restrictions. Maybe my issue is exacerbated by blueray drive, but I doubt it.

Oh, yeah, I have a new HP X18-1027CL Notebook with 4 GB RAM and Vista Home Premium 64 Svce Pk 1 with a combination Blueray ROM and DVD+/_ R burner. I’ve even tried reformatting and reinstalling windows and reinstalling the latest version of AnyDVD.

Oh, yeah, I have a new HP X18-1027CL Notebook with 4 GB RAM and Vista Home Premium 64 Svce Pk 1 with a combination Blueray ROM and DVD+/_ R burner. I’ve even tried reformatting and reinstalling windows and reinstalling the latest version of AnyDVD.
And I appologise if my posts are annoying some of you. I have searched around and corresponded with Slysoft, but this forum seems to be the only place that had a workable solution ( the post by Juggernaut, even though it was an old post) and my thinking is that if others have similar problems my input could be helpful.