Anydvd on multiple computers?

I agree zaq, I spend lots of time finding info and sorting problems for people on a computer forum and you often never get a reply, but that’s a part of the game. People post the same problem all over the net and even twice or more on the same forum! Then forget where they posted. They get a solution from somewhere then that’s it, forgotten are the many people busting a gut to help, but If you don’t want to do it, then don’t, it’s not compulsory!

As for including all the info, most newbie’s don’t have any idea what info they need to post. It seems all they know is “whatever” doesn’t work and cry help. The idea is to instruct and gently coax the info needed out of them, then they usually understand. Never forget, we were all computer/forum rookies at one time and some never quite get the hang of it.
It’s very satisfying when you do help someone and get thanked, makes all the time waste worth it, well it does for me.

Well stated voxsmart!! :clap: A very insiteful post. :wink:

To make it perfectly clear: We do not allow usage of the same license on two different computers at the same time.

We could enforce this by checking over the network, if the same license is used, or by using internet activation, …
But we treat our customers like adults and with respect, and we hope that the customers do the same. We don’t want to punish the honest customer with product activation, network checks, etc.

If people do use the same license at the same time on different machines… I simply don’t want to hear about it. :bigsmile:

Exactly!!! That’s what makes you at Slysoft so successful. Instead of picking on little Petty things, you focus on bettering the product purchased by your customers and trust that they wont abuse this leeway.

BTW, I have a legitimately purchased AnyDVD, which I feel is the single most proficient software I have purchased for backing up my movies> :smiley:

Regards! :wink:

Is there no honor among thieves?

[QUOTE=wrocnrob;2091588]Is there no honor among thieves?[/QUOTE]

y did u w8 2 years to post:flower:

I just bought a newer faster PC. I uninstalled AnyDVD from this old PC and and placed the key on the new PC in Slysoft folder and activated it on the newer beta. I did NOT want to get blacklisted for stupidly running it on 2 machines! It’s only 50 feet to the location. I think I can handle that! AnyDVD and other applications enabled by it are QUITE CPU intense. This tired old plunker PC needs the break! And I need the exercise! By the way, EVERYONE should have their key backed up to CD disc! Ten cents is a cheap price to pay for all the whining that ensues when ya lose yur HD and and invoice copy (Save that too!) and have to go through hoops for a new key. TIME! J.R.

btw, <key multiple computers> does nicely in search. I used it las week to check on multiple PC use. ;- )

[QUOTE=JRude;2093048]I just bought a newer faster PC. I uninstalled AnyDVD from this old PC and and placed the key on the new PC in Slysoft folder and activated it on the newer beta. I did NOT want to get blacklisted for stupidly running it on 2 machines! It’s only 50 feet to the location.J.R.[/QUOTE]

Installing on multiple PC’s that one owns, does not result in Blacklisting
Sharing reg codes thet wind up on the internet does result in Blacklisting

[QUOTE=zaq;2093099]Installing on multiple PC’s that one owns, does not result in Blacklisting
Sharing reg codes thet wind up on the internet does result in Blacklisting[/QUOTE]

So not true, I have been blacklisted because I had AnyDVD installed and running on multiple systems at the same time. I had it installed on a home desktop system, my laptop and my work system. This way whatever system I was using, wherever I was I could use my software that I purchased. I was never actually using the software to make a copy at the same time (like a Clone farm or something) but I did have it running as I rarely shutdown my systems, and it really is kind of a pain to remember to shut down an application that autostarts anyways. I do not think it is unreasonable for others to be in this situation as well. But you should be warned as you will be told you have been blacklisted and your key will no longer work, you don’t even get a warning or an explanation, the software states your trial is over and it will no longer work. The message I received was
I was told that my SlySoft license keys have been compromised (shared via peer-to-peer networks, warez sites, private forums or sold via eBay) and that SlySoft, Inc. cannot tolerate such conduct. In response to the violation of their terms and conditions, they blacklisted my license keys.

None of this was true, as I have not shared my keys with anyone, I have only installed them on my systems and used them at the system that was most convienent to me. If I was away from home my laptop worked great when purchasing a DVD to watch on the road. When I am at home then my home desktop was the easy choice and sometimes when traveling with work I would buy a DVD and make a backup before I ruined the original during travels. But apparently since these systems all had the software running at the same time it was assumed I was sharing their keys in a way and I was blacklisted.

So as a warning to anyone that is looking to purchase the Slysoft software, be aware that you are limited to one copy of the software running at a single time. I am not sure how it knows but Slysoft did say that I could use it in my situation as long as only one had it running or was connected to the Internet. There is no doubt in my mind that their software is by far the best, you just need to be aware of the restrictions.

AnyDVD DOES phone home. As it should. You can change your settings for Autostart by opening the AnyDVD app to the screen, go to ‘‘Program Settings’’ and UNCHECK Autostart! Autostart is default setting. You must do this on each PC you are running AnyDVD and repeat with each update. I’m assuming multiple running instances will be seen as key abuse. Good luck with Slysoft. I do not think they would be unreasonable. Contact them by email and thoroughly explain your situation! Have your key info and registration info handy if at all possible. I have mine saved to DISC! Even the original email I received on purchasing AnyDVD.

It will still try and call home even if you uncheck autoupdate unless you block it in the firewall at least mine did. i do not like software that phones home unless I say ok. But saying that I love love love slysoft software.

It will not be running more than one instance if not on AutoStart. I have had no problems with AnyDVD installed on 3 separate PC’s but actually running on one at any given time.

[QUOTE=J0SH44;2131163]So not true, I have been blacklisted because I had AnyDVD installed and running on multiple systems at the same time. I had it installed on a home desktop system, my laptop and my work system. This way whatever system I was using, wherever I was I could use my software that I purchased. I was never actually using the software to make a copy at the same time (like a Clone farm or something) but I did have it running as I rarely shutdown my systems, and it really is kind of a pain to remember to shut down an application that autostarts anyways. I do not think it is unreasonable for others to be in this situation as well. But you should be warned as you will be told you have been blacklisted and your key will no longer work, you don’t even get a warning or an explanation, the software states your trial is over and it will no longer work. The message I received was
I was told that my SlySoft license keys have been compromised (shared via peer-to-peer networks, warez sites, private forums or sold via eBay) and that SlySoft, Inc. cannot tolerate such conduct. In response to the violation of their terms and conditions, they blacklisted my license keys.

None of this was true, as I have not shared my keys with anyone, I have only installed them on my systems and used them at the system that was most convienent to me. If I was away from home my laptop worked great when purchasing a DVD to watch on the road. When I am at home then my home desktop was the easy choice and sometimes when traveling with work I would buy a DVD and make a backup before I ruined the original during travels. But apparently since these systems all had the software running at the same time it was assumed I was sharing their keys in a way and I was blacklisted.

So as a warning to anyone that is looking to purchase the Slysoft software, be aware that you are limited to one copy of the software running at a single time. I am not sure how it knows but Slysoft did say that I could use it in my situation as long as only one had it running or was connected to the Internet. There is no doubt in my mind that their software is by far the best, you just need to be aware of the restrictions.[/QUOTE]

All that is bogus stuff
every word
And I can prove it if you insist

Don’t hold back!

come on hold back a little

Sorry if I hurt your feelings or something Zaq but I have no reason to make anything up. That is the truth, there is nothing more to it. I don’t see how you can prove it, if you can feel free. But I was looking on these forums to see if others had the same trouble as me and when I saw this thread I figured I would tell others my story and just be careful when running multiple installs. I assure you it is not a ‘bogus’ story.

Google is your friend. So is Search on SlySoft Support site. You can’t run M$ Winders on multiple PC’s. Not without a volume license. Legally! I think SlySoft is quite generous allowing installation on multiple PC’s. I do not want pirated or cracked copies of AnyDVD to reduce the amount of effectiveness it has. Phone home…doesn’t bother me. Don’t you think the King of Cracks could do ultimate harm if it wished? Has it? Noop. They make fixes for INDIVIDUAL users with a problem. That hardly sounds like a money-grubbing corporation.

Why have it running full time at all?; it just takes up resources when you’re not using it (and, according to JOSH44, exposes you to risk of blacklisting).

I think it is odious for programs to take over PCs with autostarts and the like. If I had this program, I would never let it autostart - I’d just run it when needed. After all, you’re not playing/ripping DVDs every minute of every day.

And if you do want it running on multiple machines, use your firewall to stop comms with SlySoft.

Regards

That is just what I do