Anydvd not removing unwanted contents

vbimport

hi all

i decided to test out anydvd as i was told that i could burn backups of my disks with out all the other extranious rubbish like copy right message and ads etc with out loosing the funtionality of the menus

however after activating anydvd incerting my dvd and then opening dvd shrink and clicking open disk importing the disk then burning i find that the unwnated contenst like ads are still present and its not jumping strate to the menu

whats goin on what am i doing wrong ???

Hi :slight_smile:
Firstly you are using a seperate program to rip whole program . When doing this AnyDVD runs in the background simply making the media appear region free . That’s what’s going on .
So you’ll need to edit , that’s why people who use DVDShrink also use DVDDecryptor to rip / edit material . (So you’re not doing anything wrong as such , just not taking the process the distance .) Either download this program or try CloneDVD2 which gives you a menu to backup whole disc or just the movie & using this along with AnyDVD will reduce greatly any incompatability that can arise with mix & match of software

@ Bethrezen,

Perchance have you set up AnyDVD to remove the “Adverts and Trailers”?

On the AnyDVD opening page top Menu click on the “DVD” tab. Then look for “Navigation” and click on “Remove Annoying Adverts And Trailers”. You then have a choice to “Jump Directly To Main Movie” or “Jump Directly To Title Menu.

Best Regards,
bjkg

hi

Perchance have you set up AnyDVD to remove the “Adverts and Trailers”?

yeah I had anydvd set to remove Adverts and Trailers I also had it set to jump directly to the main menu but the trouble is that nether of these functions worked I want to know why ?? is it a bug in the program or did I do something wrong did I miss a step

So you’ll need to edit

I was under the impression that this wasn’t necessary because when I import the film to my burning program anydvd was supposed to automatically get rid of the unwanted bits for me.

@ Bethrezen,

I thought that you might not have setup AnyDVD to remove the “Adverts and Trailers".

I am sorry but I don’t use DVD Shrink because it is “Dead” software, which is not supported and hasn’t been updated in a year. So I am unaware of the workings of DVD Shrink and can’t help you out.

I would suggest using the AnyDVD-CloneDVD, which has excellent support and being updated routinely.

I know that the AnyDVD-CloneDVD combination will work for what you are attempting to do.

Best Regards,
bjkg

hi

ill download a copy and give it a go can you tell me how it is that i would go about doin what i want with dvdclone ?

@ Bethrezen,

CloneDVD has a simple user interface. On the top right hand corner of the CloneDVD opening page is a help box. Click on that and a very simple to use user manual appears.

Best Regards,
bjkg